The Sanctuary Church has an opening for a part-time financial secretary. An effective financial secretary will receive, record, and deposit all funds received by the congregation in a timely, thorough and confidential manner. This is accomplished using Quick Books accounting software and a modified cash basis of fund accounting. All activity in this position will be in accordance with IRS regulations for a charitable organization.
Description of Duties
- Maintain, organize and ensure safe storage of internal physical accounting records.
- Maintain a strict level of confidentiality in the areas of, but not limited to: financial disbursements, internal giving records, compensation information and insurance for which access is granted.
- Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable
- Budget planning, forecasting, adherence (overall and individual ministry areas), and monthly budget meetings
- Deliver deposits to bank.
- Costs reporting and financial forecasts
- Ensuring compliance with all audits, accounting and reporting requirements
- Submit payroll
- Analyze current systems / processes and bring forward suggestions for improvements.
- Attend monthly All-Staff meetings, and any other meetings and training seminars as requested.
- Must be a follower of Jesus Christ, stable mature Christian, faithful in a local church and tithing, and have a lifestyle that demonstrates obedience.
- Fully supportive of decisions and loyal to the mission and leadership of The Sanctuary Church.
- Ability to perform services independently, without direct supervision, as well as work cohesively within a team environment.
- Statistical, mathematical and financial statement analysis skills.
- Knowledge and principles of preparing correspondence and forms.
- Excellent communication, both orally and in writing, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Analytical, high attention to detail, and strong organizational skills.
- A positive attitude at all times and poise under pressure.
- A Minimum of two years in church accounting or nonprofit accounting.
- Ability to do all month end financial reporting including fund balance reports, financial statements, statement of cash flows and balance sheets.
- Knowledge of GAAP and budgeting.
- Practical experience in in fund-based accounting and account reconciliation.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills including Quick Books, Power Church, MS Word, and Excel.
- Attention and precision in account reconciliation and report generation.
- A demonstrated ability to maintain sensitive confidential church information.
- Possess one or more of the following gifts: Administration, Serving and Giving.
- This is a part-time, three days per week position.
How to Apply
- Please send your resume to Melissa Sprung at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Executive PastorThe Worship Place
- Georgetown, Texas
- January 17
Church AccountantAdvent United Methodist Church
- Simpsonville, South Carolina
- January 15
- Rockaway, New Jersey
- January 12
Executive Director - Impact ChurchPrivate Profile
- East Point, Georgia
- January 11
Children's Ministry DirectorGrace Church of Fredericksburg
- Fredericksburg, Virginia
- January 11