Westwood UMC sits in a transitioning community and is a leader in the faith community with over 120 people weekly in mission, 50 plus youth involved, over 100 children with partnerships with many organizations and Westwood Elementary to influence families
Westwood UMC is a predominately white church with a long history in the community with a desire that is slowly growing into a passion. We recognize that our community and world has changed and we want a visionary doer to help us, coax us and lead us to work
with new youth in the same schools our youth attend. We believe that youth ministry (grades 7-12) is to and with students to follow God and discover His will for their lives. We know that a “normal” youth experience of the 70’s-90’s will not meet this need
and we know that we know this but also it is hard for us to change. So here is our need:
A couple or person with a sincere work ethic to reach current and future students of all races with a team of adults and youth that will be a system of club, recreation, small group, fun, faith, mentoring, mission and work for the sake of the souls of youth.
The order of importance to achieve this is:
- Be a doer and leader by example
- Be a person who has team experience and believes that youth and adults can achieve great things together
- Be a person who has a desire to build Jesus’ church at Westwood UMC through youth and family ministry.
- Balanced life and models Christian character
- Can get along with all ages of people
- Is color blind
- Has a track record of success in leadership, team building, balanced life and character.
Westwood UMC is an equal opportunity employer.
Send resume with references to Lee@westwoodunitedmethodist.org.