We’re looking for the right person to take our current healthy and strong children’s ministry to
the next level as RiverGlen grows and transitions into a multi-site church. We’re looking for an
individual who not only has the necessary character and competencies to lead our children’s
ministry, but also someone who fits our culture and becomes an important part of our team.
What You’ll Do // Director of Children’s Ministry
- As director of the ministry, you’ll manage day to day operations including creating and
maintaining the ministry budget, communication with parents and volunteers,
overseeing the children’s ministry assistant, and working with the family life
- As a leader of leaders, you’ll recruit, develop, and coach a team of volunteers in
executing the mission of the church and vision of the ministry for both weekend services
- As the vision caster, you’ll create a strategy to implement the vision of the ministry and
communicate clear direction during implementation. You’ll also develop standards for
the ministry that are effective, healthy and reproducible.
- As the children’s pastor you’ll create a fun and welcoming environment where children
are loved and cared for as well as create and maintain a strategy where they can know
and follow Jesus.
- As a family life team member, you’ll develop ways to partner with parents to equip and
encourage them in leading and shepherding their kids.
- As a RiverGlen team member, you’ll focus on local outreach for children and new family
assimilation into the church.
What We Expect // Qualifications
- Follower of Jesus who is actively seeking to know and love Him more through personal
habits and disciplines.
- Passionate about seeing kids know and follow Jesus
- Either a BS/BA degree in education and/or children’s ministry is required or equivalent
experience working in children’s ministry.