JOB PROFILE: CHILDREN’S MINISTRY ASSISTANT
The Children’s Ministry Assistant will work along side the Children’s Minister, in preparing and working on all Children’s Ministry events, including Sunday mornings, to facilitate effective communications to volunteers and parents, and work well with church
staff team members for ministry to children, birth through fifth grade in accordance with the Mission Statement of the Church and Children’s Ministries Team,
VRBC MISSION STATEMENT:
Inviting diverse and disconnected people to passionately follow Jesus together.
VR KIDS MISSIONS STATEMENT:
Inviting kids to Know Jesus, Live Like Jesus and Share Jesus with others.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To provide organizational and clerical support services for the Children’s Ministry Sunday mornings and special events. To facilitate effective communication with volunteers and parents and oversee the Children’s Check In team.?
- Show care and Christian concern for parents, children and volunteers.?
- Assist/support with a wide variety of clerical/administrative and/or classroom needs, as requested. ?
- Assist with Special Events outside of Sunday mornings (Fall Festival, VBS, and Summer Camp) as ?needed. ?
- Assist with necessary preparations for Children’s Ministries leadership?meetings.
- Purchase supplies as needed and manage financial needs, such as receipts, check requests, etc. to the Finance Department for Children’s Ministries’ activities. ?
- Track and maintain data required for Children’s Ministry classes such as attendance records, roll sheets, background checks for volunteers
- Prepare materials for Sunday, including computer lesson setups
- Communicate volunteer schedules and send out lessons and reminders for teaching.
- Prepare Check In stations and monitor children’s check in, each Sunday and assist in greeting guests as needed.
- Help with Sunday morning set ups and take downs.
- Help recruit and lead volunteers.
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ?
- Servant’s heart for ministry with a teachable and open attitude
- Contributes toward the improvement of the ministry as a whole.
- Functions well with co-workers, treating them with honor and grace. ?
- Good people/telephone skills
- Organized and hardworking
- Experience with the following computer programs: ?
- Outlook (required)
- Power Point (willing to learn)
- ProPresenter (Mac)? (willing to learn)
?• 24 hours a week, more hours will be needed for special events and summer events.
Valley Ranch Baptist Church mission frame
Mission Statement: Inviting diverse and disconnected people to passionately follow Jesus together.
- Biblically Rooted – Shaped & directed by God’s word
- Story Tellers – Celebrating God’s work in our lives
- Under Construction – More like Jesus every day
- Hilariously Generous – Serving & giving with joy
- Happily Third – God first, others second
- Different Together – Unique, yet one
Our Life Measures:
Know Jesus by Spending Time with Him
Imitate Jesus by Letting Him Renovate My Character
Share Jesus by Loving Others the Way He Loves Me
WORSHIP – in Worship Service weekly
SERVE – on Serve Teams regularly
GROW – in Grow Groups weekly
INVITE – through my lifestyle continuously