The Youth Pastor will oversee all Intermediate and High School Student ministry services and activities. The Pastor will be responsible for recruiting, equipping and leading both adult volunteers and student ministry leaders at CrossPoint. The ministry
focus will be inline with our church mission statement including creating disciples, loving God, others and the community.
- A passion and perseverance for leading volunteers, students and families to full devotion to Christ.
- An ability to create vision and leadership for a ministry that meets the relevant needs of students and their families.
- Experience: at least two to three years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Education: Bachelors from a 4-year university preferred.
- Prepare and execute Wednesday night youth meetings and events, creating a relevant space for students to hear teaching, connect with peers, and develop lasting relationships through small groups.
- Build relationships with teens, getting into their culture as much as possible.
- Interact with parents to promote a family friendly ministry and to create awareness.
- Initiate and lead a discipleship program.
- Develop and train youth leadership team to serve in their area of giftedness.
- Recruit, develop and coach adult volunteer leadership team (sponsors?) to invest in relationships with students.
- Utilize all relevant forms of social media as an avenue for communicating with and reaching youth.
- Manage the Youth budget/funds with the oversight and approval of the Lead Pastor.
- Other pastoral duties as assigned.