Community Life Pastor
Chino Valley Community Church
Department: Executive Team
Job Title: Community Life Pastor
Status: Full Time
Annual Salary: $60,000
Benefits: In addition to above salary, the employee receives medical and dental insurance for self and dependents, life insurance, retirement (6%), and cell phone allowance.
Direct Report To: Executive Pastor
Revision Date: October 12, 2016
Mission of Position:
The Community Life Pastor will be a key champion of the vision of CVCC’s purpose statement of “We exist to glorify God by being and making disciples of Christ”. The purpose of this position will be to facilitate opportunities that will help people believe
in the gospel, be continually transformed by the gospel and be committed to sharing the gospel. The position will be responsible for community connection and care through the development and shepherding of small groups, Adult Bible Fellowship groups and specialized
Bible study opportunities and Men’s Ministry.
- Spiritual Maturity: Demonstrates a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a strong commitment to being a disciple of Jesus Christ and making disciples.
- Shepherding Skills: Demonstrates a strong capacity and ability for nurturing, caring for, and coaching group leaders.
- Theological Training and Experience: Bachelor’s degree is required in Bible, Christian Studies or Applied Theology and seminary training preferred. Someone who has 5 years experience building community and growth groups in a church of 500-1000
- Impeccable Character: Exhibits honesty, integrity, and Christian ethics. Actions are consistent with profession. Does what is right and speaks truthfully.
- Self-awareness: Has a knowledge of their personality traits and unique personal qualities and has an appreciation for who they are. Must have personal awareness of strengths and weaknesses.
- Interpersonal Relationship Skills: Ability to connect with people and get along with them. High capacity for relating to people cross-culturally and with varying perspectives. Is able to manage conflict and other relational challenges.
Ability to have balance between being people oriented and task oriented.
- Leadership Skills: Able to cast vision and motivate and inspire others in accomplishing the goals and objectives of community life in the church. Demonstrates ability to recruit and develop leaders.
- Administrative Skills: Demonstrates the ability to plan efficiently and organize work. Must have a high level of competency in managing volunteers, managing details, and coordinating schedules and deadlines.
- Team Player: Able to collaborate with staff and ministry leaders in planning and coordinating ministry objectives. Energized by serving in a team environment and promotes teamwork with others.
- Results Orientation: High capacity for setting goals that are challenging, but realistic. Able to set specific metrics for self and others. Understands the need for accountability and evaluation.
- Commitment to Vision and Purpose: Can articulate and support the vision of Chino Valley Community Church, and organize ministry strategies and mechanisms around that vision.
- Interpersonal Communication: Can employ communication behaviors that are appropriate to various situations and is able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to achieve understanding from other team members of objectives and
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Serve as the “point person” for community life in the congregation.
- Assess and track the status of CVCC members, and attenders who are not a part of a small group to learn types of groups to launch.
- Develop a comprehensive, systematic Community Life Strategy for building an effective Discipleship Ministry at CVCC.
- Select and develop a Community Life Leadership Team to help steer the strategy and ministry of small groups in the church.
- Provide leadership and support to the Adult Bible Fellowship groups.
- Partner with the Director of Women’s Ministry/Assimilation to connect new people and those not currently involved in the discipleship process of CVCC.
- Identify, recruit and train leaders who will facilitate discipleship and community life.
- Coach, equip and provide care to leaders of small groups.
- Provide ongoing leadership development to small group leaders.
- Develop an apprenticeship program so that there are always leaders to draw from when beginning new small groups.
- Meet monthly with small group leaders in order to maintain a healthy coaching relationship.
- Design, write and approve a library of curriculum options available to small group leaders.
- Develop an annual Ministry Vision Plan to be submitted to the Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor that insures continuous improvement and growth for community life at CVCC.
- Lead the Men’s Ministry Leadership Team to develop vision and set strategies.
- Provide support to the various ministry components of Men’s Ministry.
- Intentionally and personally pursue people for the purpose of shepherding, discipling and developing leaders.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Executive Pastor Reggie Thomas via email at email@example.com. Deadline to submit is Wednesday, November 30, 2016.