Joy Christian Fellowship (JCF) is a nondenominational, multisite church with campuses in northern New Jersey and New York City. With a predominantly Korean/ Asian-American congregation, the name of our church is significant as it is based on the founding vision of bringing God’s abundant joy to a generation that are in need of God's love. JCF exists to glorify God by encouraging people to pursue a deep intimacy with Christ and live our lives in accordance with His Word and by the power of the Holy Spirit. We are a family of faith that desires to build a gospel-centered community so that we may care for one another and love our neighbors. We seek to expand His Kingdom in the New York metropolitan area and to the ends of the earth by being the salt and the light in the marketplace and using our hearts, gifts, and vocations to minister to the physical and spiritual needs of the least, the last, and the lost.
SENIOR PASTOR PROFILE
Joy Christian Fellowship (JCF) is seeking an individual with a pastoral call for the Senior Pastor position who exhibits the following:
- Intimacy with God and consistency of character. The Senior Pastor leads an authentic spiritual life of prayer and worship and pursues a deep intimacy with God. His/ her personal history is marked by a servant leader’s heart and steadfast love for his/her family, the church staff, and the congregation. He/she exhibits faithfulness and perseverance during challenging times. The Senior Pastor fulfills the biblical qualifications of elders/overseers defined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- Collaborative leadership and humility in relationships. The Senior Pastor’s leadership style is marked by humility, wisdom, and prayerfulness which permeate all matters. He/she has a Father’s heart and loves people over programs, focusing on shepherding rather than simply exacting productivity and compliance from the church staff. The Senior Pastor is a consensus builder who fosters teamwork and harmonious relationships with others as he/she mentors, coaches, and empowers the church staff and leaders to effectively minister to the congregation.
- Passion for discipleship. In addition to providing effective pastoral care and ministry for the congregation, the Senior Pastor cultivates the spiritual gifts within the body. He/she challenges and inspires the congregation to be transformed by the power of the gospel so that the church can ultimately become a community of disciple makers who bear much fruit and transform the world for Christ. He/she especially has a heart to cherish and build up the next generation (children and youth) and embrace the younger congregants (adults in their 20s and 30s).
- Solid biblical preaching marked by life example. The Senior Pastor possesses a deeply-rooted, sound biblical theology and inspires others to go deeper in their faith journey. He/she is able to effectively teach the Word of God with great doctrinal clarity and practical relevance to the congregation. He/she faithfully and fearlessly preaches the gospel without compromising biblical authority even when it is contrary to popular opinion and cultural realities. The Senior Pastor also leads the congregation by modeling a deep conviction to fervent prayer and repentance. He/she clearly communicates by life example and teachings grounded in biblical truth with a special sensitivity to the move of the Holy Spirit.
- Vision-casting and enthusiasm for the church’s unifying mission.The Senior Pastor clearly develops and articulates God’s vision for the church by seeking the Lord through His Word and prayer. He/she is able to grasp the church’s gospel-centered mission and cast a compelling and unifying vision for its implementation. He/she is able to lead the church staff and the congregation in fulfilling this vision in a synergistic way that maximizes all the available resources and talents of the church body.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibility of the Senior Pastor is the teaching and preaching of God’s Word to further the spiritual growth and maturity of the congregation. The Senior Pastor will provide leadership and oversight for all ministry activities within the context of the worship services and beyond to help develop a rich worship life in the church. He/she will set and drive ministry objectives and goals and equip the church staff and congregation to effectively perform ministry work.
The Senior Pastor must be able to nurture a large staff by promoting cooperation and a team-oriented spirit and celebrating the successes of those who are in his care. He/she must play an essential role in building a new generation of leaders by recruiting, training, discipling, and supervising all church staff. He/she must also have experience handling a growing church of similar size and leading in a relational and empowering manner.
The Senior Pastor will serve on the Council of Elders, and he/she will represent the pastoral staff to the Council of Elders. The Senior Pastor embraces the church’s philosophy of team ministry, which includes an atmosphere where each team member is interdependent and accountable to one another, and
ultimately to the Senior Pastor and the Council of Elders. This position serves the congregants across all services and campuses of JCF while contributing to all areas of church operations as a member of the Council of Elders and leader of the church staff.
• BA/BS from an accredited college of university
• MDiv or higher degree from an accredited seminary
• Demonstrated pastoral experience in a church of similar or larger size
• Experience managing and leading a multi-pastoral staff is desirable
• Strong organizational, management, and communication skills
After prayerful consideration and reviewing the Opportunity Profile via
http://joychurch.com/?q=content/sr-pastor-search please submit these application materials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload via Google Drive. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via email. Please do not post your application to the churchstaffing website. Thank you.
• Cover letter – introducing yourself and your interest in the position
• Résumé/CV – your ministry experience, educational background, and at least three references
• Doctrinal statement – a 1- to 4-page summary on your theological views on core doctrines
• Brief philosophy of pastoral ministry –a 1- to 2-page summary of your philosophy and practice of pastoral ministry
• Narrative of your salvation testimony
• Two sermons – including a sermon outline and a video or audio recording of recent sermons (or a
link to a host site if the files are too large)
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor of Student MinistriesCrossroads Church
- Douglasville, Georgia
- December 5
Senior PastorBethel Baptist Church
- Newell, Iowa
- December 4
Operations PastorVertical Church
- Durham Area, North Carolina
- December 2
Senior PastorPrivate Profile
- Gallatin, Missouri
- December 1
"Gang Church" Lead PastorInFaith
- Fresno, California
- December 1