Ventura Missionary is located along the California coast, south of Santa Barbara, in the vibrant beach town of Ventura. As part of the leadership team, the Worship Pastor will be the primary person responsible for implementing and delivering The Gathering
values through; worship leading, staff and volunteer development. The leader must be a devoted Christ-follower with a solid theology of worship and a passion to
Live and Share the Transforming Love of Jesus. The ideal candidate must skillfully consider the processes necessary to implement a contemporary/modern worship experience within a diverse coastal community.
The Worship Pastor will need to:
• Have at least three years of worship leading experience in a large church setting.
• Have vision and ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a worship program.
• Have vocal and instrumental proficiency in a contemporary/modern music setting (preferably guitar or
• Be able to recruit and develop volunteer worship leaders and musicians.
• Be able to incorporate various musical styles appropriately.
• Have proficiency in worship planning resources and digital management systems (e.g. Planning Center
• Be able to operate well in a team environment, often working cross-functionally with other ministry
• Prepare for and lead worship at weekend gatherings or other services as assigned
by the Gathering Pastor. (Two Sunday morning services and mid-week youth services)
• Design and develop a worship plan for message series, seasonal settings and annual themes.
• Schedule and lead weekly band rehearsals.
• Organize and manage all music resources.
• Identify, equip, develop and shepherd volunteers to grow in their gifts and abilities of leading worship
and playing an instrument.
• Promote volunteer involvement by encouraging teams to participate in “Rooted” Discipleship Groups and
doing music outside of the church walls.
• Attend weekly all-staff, Gathering, and creative team meetings.
• This position reports directly to the Gathering Pastor.
Full or Part Time. Schedule is flexible, Sunday - Thursday, with seasonal evening meetings and commitments as required by ministry programming.
Please send us your resume and video link(s) of you leading a worship service.