Position Title: Worship Leader
(Full-Time Exempt Position)
Date: October 2016
Supervisor: Worship Director
Purpose: Crosspoint is seeking a full time Worship Leader to help us live into the vision of connecting people to Christ through the Arts by reconnecting the arts to God to provide opportunities for people to meet Christ in the church and
in the community. This is primarily carried out by creating creative and engaging environments for worship, helping provide creative opportunities for artists/technicians, equipping artists/technicians with training and resources, and by raising the theological
value of the arts within the church.
- Lead worship in the rotation on the Niceville Campus.
- Assist the Worship Director in the planning and execution of all details related to contemporary worship in all 6 contemporary weekend worship services on the Niceville Campus, including making sure Planning Center is correct, all musicians are scheduled
and empowered, and MC’s are booked and ready.
- Assist the Worship Director in leading and empowering our volunteer musicians.
- To keep us as creative as possible, especially in weekend worship services, in order to help engage people in new ways so that they can Meet Christ and have their lives transformed. Your job is to be creative!
- Raise up the next generation of worship leaders to send out.
- Assist the Worship Director in leading our creative intern program.
- Assist the Worship Director in our Liaison program to recruit, train, and integrate new team members.
- Assist the Worship Director in developing and maintaining a structured but inviting audition process.
- Assist the worship leader in building tracks and cues in Ableton.
- Recruit new musicians.
- Song research
- Assist the Worship Director in coordinating events with other ministry areas.
- Help in oversight and coordination of other areas related to worship (sound, lights, creative arts, etc.)
- Help our media team execute creative elements as needed.
- Serve as a dedicated team member, assisting with other items as needed by the Crosspoint team.
- Uphold the Staff Covenant.
- Dedicated Follower of Jesus.
- Skill and experience in leading worship with click and tracks.
- Experience with Ableton.
- Must have a theological mindset that allows discernment on evaluating songs in light of the Bible.
- Experience leading a band.
- Talented vocally and instrumentally.
- Strong leadership and relational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to recruit, train and empower volunteers.
- Ability to work as a team and always portray the church, staff, and ministry in the most positive light in the church as well as in the community.
Key Performance Measurements:
- Excellence in weekend worship services, evaluated by:
- All volunteer positions filled
- Limited mistakes
- Limited last minute adjustments
- Increased amount of new volunteer artists.
- Volunteers believe they are empowered and equipped.
- Developing new worship leaders, instrumentalists, vocalists, and tech directors to be sent out to other campuses.
- Keep the service orders, songs and people planned and scheduled out at least 3-5 weeks out.
- Chemistry and unity within the larger staff team, and the Creative Team.
Contact Josh Johnson at JJohnson@yourcrosspoint.org on how to apply.