Position Summary: Guide and develop the children’s ministry at their Campus, with a one-church, multiple locations focus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide leadership and direction to the New Hope Kids (NHK) Volunteer Coordinators, children, families, and volunteers.
- Conduct first interviews of candidates for open NHK Volunteer Coordinator positions. Schedule and attend second interviews of viable candidates with Human Resources representative.
- Conduct quarterly and annual performance reviews with NHK Volunteer Coordinators to establish and review their progress within the ministry.
- Keep Fellowship One updated and current each week with entry of new families, volunteers, classroom age and/or grade advancements, as well as any changes to existing family and volunteer information.
- Ensure all NHK adult and junior volunteers are fully trained on all aspects of safety and approved teaching and discipline methods within NHK.
- Get campus ready for weekend services. Load weekly NHK lessons into classroom computers. Print handouts, lesson outlines, color sheets, and craft pages. Make sure registration, nursery, and classroom areas have adequate supplies prior to the beginning
of service. Test equipment to make sure everything is working properly. Notify proper departments if problems exist and follow-up to make sure they are resolved in a timely manner.
- Monitor all weekly Volunteer Schedules and coach NHK Volunteer Coordinators on ways they can improve volunteer recruitment and retention.
- Manage projects as they are assigned by Campus Pastor or Children’s Ministries Pastor.
- Develop and maintain NHK budget. Review budget reports with Finance on a quarterly basis to ensure reports are accurate and on target.
- Communicate with NHK staff, volunteers, and parents, keeping them informed of pertinent information as it relates to NHK.
- Address safety concerns promptly by being alert to security issues in and around NHK.
- NHK Site Directors must communicate and work cohesively with each other to ensure all ministry and business needs of NHK are handled with excellence and love.
- Assist with NHK summer camp registration process. Summer camp attendance is required for NHK Site Directors.
- Participate in cross-training with the Children’s Ministries Pastor to ensure ongoing growth and strength of NHK.
- Pray for your ministry daily.
- Other duties as assigned.