Director Life Groups
To clearly and effectively guide our Life Groups which are at the core of our church body. Life Groups are small groups of couples and individuals that meet for the purpose of growing in their relationship with Christ and each other. They offer a place
for newcomers to get connected more easily and on a deeper level than on Sunday mornings. Life Groups also provide a more personal setting where group members can support and each other through good and bad times.
Christ Community Church is seeking a full-time Director/Pastor for life groups. Christ Community is a nondenominational church of 1200 Sunday attendees that gather for worship, engage with those far from God, and serve those in
need. As outlined in the role description, this position calls for a leader with ministry experience who can authentically share their lives and grow closer to Christ by studying the Word, praying together, and having real-life discussions. Our desire is
that all our attenders have the opportunity and desire to be part of a life group. Responsibilities include a balance of caring for the leaders of the Life Groups, fostering new life groups and developing a strategy that includes integration with other ministries
at church. The Director/Pastor for this ministry will need to have good leadership, management and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to cast their vision to a diverse group of leaders and teams.
- Understands the mission and values of Christ Community Church.
- Establishes strategic objectives based on the vision for the ministry. These strategic objectives would be further defined by goals and action plans which would be evaluated twice a year.
- Development of the current Life Group leaders and future leaders. This would include a plan for leadership development and multiplication of teams.
- Vetting leaders
- Give direction to Life Group leaders
- Able to give recommend study topics for groups as needed
- Familiar with CCC doctrine to lead and guide groups when needed
- Have had prior experience as a member of a Life Group
- Team Member: Collaborate with other Ministry Directors (e.g. Women’s Ministry Director, Men’s Ministry Director, Children’s Director, Missions Director etc.)
Key Skills, Experiences, and Abilities:
- Ability to lead a diverse group of people.
- Able to think outside the box as to what people need at various stages of life.
- Passionate about groups and getting people connected.
- Effective leader of volunteers, staff, and teams.
- Strong delegation and vision casting skills.
- Team player – works well with church staff and partner agencies.