Director of Children’s Ministry (currently called KidzROCK)
Job Purpose: To provide leadership to and oversee the Children’s Ministry of Christ Community Church
Christ Community Church is seeking a full-time Director for our Children’s Ministry. Christ Community is a nondenominational church of 1200 Sunday attendees that gather for worship, engage with those far from God, and serve those
in need. As outlined in the role description, this position calls for a leader with ministry experience who can lead a group of talented ministry associates and volunteers.
Christ Community Church is a growing church in many ways. One of which is our children’s ministry. An important part of this role is the integration of the children’s ministry with the other ministries. The children's ministry director will need to have
good leadership, management and interpersonal skills so that this ministry is integrated with all ministries at the church. This will allow for each child to continue on to the next ministry they engage in and our families to have the tools they need to help
raise their children.
- Understand the mission and values of Christ Community Church and in doing so, assist Pastors and Elders in any help they need.
- Uphold the mission and values of the KidzROCK ministry
- Oversee the KidzROCK staff team: Preschool Ministry Associate, Elementary Ministry Associate, Administrative Assistant
- Sunday Morning Ministry: Provide direction to ministry from nursery – 5th Grade classes. This includes curriculum selection and implementation, leadership recruitment/training/development, programming, policies and procedures, facilities and
- Midweek Ministry: Provide direction to midweek club program. This includes curriculum selection and implementation, leadership recruitment/training/development, programming, policies and procedures, facilities and operations.
- WBS Kids Programming: Oversee the children’s programming arm of Women’s Bible Study, including WOW Wednesday program and Thursday Kids Club program
- Special Events: Direct special events/family events (e.g. Christmas celebration, Parents Night Out, Camp Closing Programs), and collaborate with staff team for church wide special events (e.g. Family Fun Day, Good Friday event)
- Summer Ministry: Hire, train and direct team of summer interns in the implementation of three summer camps (Preschool, 1st-3rd Grade and 4th-5th Grade), summer Sunday programming, and a weekly discipleship ministry
to 4th and 5th Graders.
- Parent Education: Work with supervisor and student ministry to provide cohesive parent training and support in Biblical, intentional parenting from cradle to college (birth – 18)
- Team Member: Collaborate with other Ministry Directors (e.g. Women’s Ministry Director: Children’s programming; Missions Director: Children’s Missions education; Worship Director: Child dedication, Student Ministry Director and Men’s Director: family events)