PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE CHURCH
Highland Park Baptist Church has partnered with Churchology Staffing in their efforts to place a Pastor of Worship & music.
To give vision, planning, and leadership that would develop an effective Worship and Music ministry that is focused on leading the church community in personal and corporate worship.
1. Provide necessary leadership for all activities and ministries related to the Music and Worship Ministries of the church, with particular attention and energy given to the morning Tradition and Contemporary services. Current ministries under this ministry
- Chancel Choir
- Gospel Choir
- Worship Band
- Production and Tech
- Small Vocal Ensembles
- Graphic Arts and Printed Media
- Special Events and Concerts
- Small Instrumental Groups
- Seasonal Services: Christmas Eve, Good Friday, etc.
2. Consistently provide for the needs of the diverse worshippers in the church and the community, and shape appropriately ministry expressions that are effective in leading people to worship the almighty God.
3. Develop, evaluate, and update worship ministries as needed, in collaboration with the Senior Pastor. Ensure the communication of worship ministry updates with others on the pastoral team.
4. Strategize, assist, and coordinate, along with the worship ministry staff, in vision, planning, and execution of the Music and Worship ministries.
5. Provide appropriate supervision for volunteer and paid staff on the Music & Worship ministry team; and for the Administrative Assistant in Worship ministries.
6. Oversee the recruitment, equipping, and training of those involved in the technical aspects of
the worship services and the worship center.
7. Administer funds provided and develop annual budget requirements for the Music and
Worship ministries. Prepare an annual operating budget as requested.
8. Cooperate and coordinate as part of a team with other church staff, boards, and ministry
9. Perform other duties as requested by the Senior Pastor. Take an active role as part of the
Pastoral ministry team, participating in Pastoral duties outside the scope of Music and Worship
10. Serve as a member of the Elder Board as requested by the Senior Pastor and
affirmed by the Elder Board.
1. Maintain a vital and growing walk with the Lord through committed personal Bible study and
2. Maintain proper spiritual priorities, including care for your family.
3. Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
4. Faithfully support the ministries of the church through the stewardship of spiritual gifts,
finances and free time.
5. Participate in the overall life of the church, setting an example of servant leadership that
spreads beyond your areas of ministry responsibility to the broader body of the church.