We are the church that pioneered the spiritual landscape of this community decades ago being the first Baptist church in the area. Our church continues to engage that pioneering spirit through powerful worship, innovative leadership, mission engagement,
mercy ministries, and changing the culture around us. We are on a journey to know Jesus and to be His hands and feet in our community and beyond. The path God placed us on is taking us to places of deepest needs and greatest hopes.
Located just 20 miles south of Dallas, Midlothian is one of the fasted growing areas of the Dallas\Fort Worth Metroplex, as seen in our rapid building of homes and new schools. With a sought after school district, the majority of our growth is with young
families. The church is investing in reaching and growing the students of our community through a new state of the art 4.5-million-dollar student building. We will be moving into our new student building by the end of 2017.
FBC is searching for an Associate Student Pastor who will be an energetic, hands-on leader who can implement vision and develop and mobilize volunteer leaders to disciple students. Reporting to the Student Pastor, the Associate Student Pastor will have an
obvious growing relationship with God, a passion for reaching and discipling students, and be a continual learner. This person will be spending time developing students and pouring into adult leaders in order to expand the foundation of leadership for a growing
The next Associate Student Pastor will engage students as a strong communicator and guide them towards relationships and community. The successful candidate will be able to teach Scripture and Pastor effectively to both middle school and high school students,
helping to create a relevant and forward-thinking student ministry. We are seeking someone with student ministry leadership experience, an undergraduate degree or higher, and seeking the challenge of growing to the next level of their calling.
- Assist in creating, communicating, and leading a unified vision for student ministry. This includes reaching students for Christ and teaching them to grow in their relationship with Him.
- Assist in maintaining and expanding the Student Ministry Intern Ministry Model by recruiting, training, and managing this group of developing team members.
- Recruit and disciple volunteer lay leaders to multiply ministry to students.
- Assist in leading the development of weekly and large events (such as Camps and Retreats) as well as integrate these into the overall vision for the student ministry.
- Work with the student Pastor to develop a broad and inclusive approach to relationships with students and parents by attending student functions such as school and life events.
- Assist in overseeing and managing the student ministry budget.
- Maintain and grow the social media presence for the Student Ministry.
- As a member of the Discipleship Team, assist in the development of a discipleship ministry to families in our community.
- Attend and participate in weekly meetings (Student team, Discipleship Team, Pastoral Team).
- Direct or assist in Pastoral responsibilities (weddings, funerals, hospital visits, baptisms, etx.).
Check us out at fbcmidlothian.org