About the Position & Church (www.arlingtonassembly.com)
We are a growing and life-giving church that has seen double growth over the last six months under our new lead pastor. The church is ready and eager for change and has a strong desire to reach our community for Christ. We’ve been in a rebuilding and restructuring phase with our staff and the addition of a new children's pastor is the final piece of the puzzle. This position of children's pastor is the perfect opportunity for someone who thrives in a driven, results-oriented culture and loves the idea of being a part of something special at the beginning stages. We are currently averaging over 215 in Sunday morning attendance with about 60 of those being children (birth through elementary).
About the Area
Arlington Assembly in located in Arlington, Washington, which is about 50 miles north of Seattle. The city itself has a population of 20,000 people with over 200,000 people within a 15-mile radius of the church and the area itself is one of the most unchurched / dechurched areas in the country. This area is truly a mission field! The city of Arlington is positioned for growth as Seattle expands northward. Businesses are relocating to the area and families are moving nearby for more affordable housing costs.
Overview: The Children’s Pastor provides visionary leadership and is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of children ages birth through 5th grade. This includes series selection, volunteer recruitment and development, classroom management, and operational management necessary to ensure successful and consistently improving weekend and midweek children’s services and periodic special events.
- Prayerfully select children’s curriculum topics and develop age-appropriate versions for elementary and pre-school ages. Our midweek services are the groups version of High Voltage and used to reinforce the big idea from the previous Sunday.
- Effectively recruit and train kid’s leaders and volunteers ensuring that they effectively “live out” our culture, values, and vision.
- Schedule volunteers on a rotation basis through Planning Center Online with an emphasis on not burning volunteers out.
- Interview and screen potential volunteers adhering to church policies and procedures.
- Conduct a fun and anointed kids service where growth and life-change happens.
- Effectively advertise upcoming kids events to parents and the congregation as a whole.
- Develop and maintain security standards that ensure kids are safe and taken care of.
- Assist in the development of an annual budget for children’s ministries and manage spending to the approved budget.
- Plan and oversee special events that help connect families.
- Fulfill pastoral duties such as counseling, baptism, hospital visitation, and general pastoral care related to kids and their families.
- Lead departmental meetings and empower volunteers to fulfill their unique role in ministry.
- Oversee paid nursery workers by setting job descriptions, managing time sheets, and ensuring all policy and procedures are met.
- Lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of children’s ministry facilities and ensure they are clean and presentable for all services and children’s events.
- Volunteer monthly in area elementary schools.
- Develop and maintain a quick and enjoyable check-in and check-out area.
- Perform assigned duties or responsibilities from the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain the God-ordained priorities in your life putting Jesus Christ first, your spouse second, children third and ministry fourth.
- Give financially towards the fulfillment of the vision of Arlington Assembly.
- Avoid the appearance of evil, let no hint of immorality exist, keep comments clean, and conduct life with the utmost integrity in all situations.
- Maintain loyalty to the vision, lead pastor, staff, and deacons of Arlington Assembly and always protect the unity God has given this church.
- Arrive for services at least 45 minutes before the service begins.
- Be intentional at connecting with new and existing attenders at the check-in area.
- Proactively build and maintain a pastoral influence with church attenders, volunteers, and leaders.
- Look for people you don’t know well or those who look disconnected and make an intentional effort to connect with them and to connect them to others.
REQUIRED SKILLS & JOB COMPLEXITY
Unique Skills and Knowledge
- Strong pastoral leadership
- Leader of ministry, not just a doer of ministry
- Experienced and knowledgeable in nursery, preschool, and elementary-age ministry.
- Ability to effectively communicate the gospel in small and large settings that inspire and engage kids to grow spiritually.
- Loyalty to the Lead Pastor
- Fun and enjoyable to be around
- Management and leadership
- Attention to detail
- Highly motivated and a self-starter
- Able to “see” how your area can improve and create action steps to get better
- Great communication skills (both written and oral)
- Team player with positive, servant-motivated attitude
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENTS
- You are actively building your volunteer teams, they are effectively carrying the culture of Arlington Assembly, and the teams are growing.
- The children's ministry is growing at a healthy pace and the environment is exciting, creative, safe, and life-giving.
- You are well-respected by parents and volunteers.
- Kids are growing in their knowledge and application of Biblical truths in their everyday lives.
- The church as a whole feels connected and enthused about what is happening in the children's areas.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Family Care Pastor (Student Ministry Focus)Evangel Church
- Lewistown , Pennsylvania
- January 20
Director of Childrens MinistrySt. Luke Church
- Columbus, Georgia
- January 20
Director of Children's MinistriesJourney Community Church
- Camas, Washington
- January 20
Family Life Minister - 1748MinisterSearch
- Kenosha, Wisconsin
- January 20
Pastor of Early Childhood MinistriesEmmanuel Community Church
- Fort Wayne, Indiana
- January 20
Arlington Assembly is a church in Arlington, Washington where everybody is welcome because nobody is perfect and anything is possible. It’s our desire to help you know God, find freedom, discover your purpose, and make a difference in the world around you.More...