Bethel Church Discipleship Pastor
The Discipleship Pastor at Bethel oversees the process of CONNECTING adults in our community to God, GROWING them as disciples of Jesus, and mobilizing them to IMPACT our community with the Gospel.
Full-time, 45-50 hrs/wk (salary TBD)
3 weeks paid time off (3-5 Sundays) per year, Disability and Life insurance coverage,
3% retirement match, and continuing education fund.
Report to: Senior Pastor
Expected ministry oversight: Adults
- Must have a healthy and maturing relationship with Christ.
- Must show a faithful presence and pursuit of leadership characteristics as listed in 1 Timothy 3, Titus 1, and 1 Peter 5.
- Must subscribe to the Constitution and church statement of faith.
- Must demonstrate a genuine love for the Gospel and a desire to grow others deeper into it.
- Must have a growing knowledge and skill in the philosophy, principles, and practices of pastoral ministry.
- Must have skill and proficiency in organizing and leading small groups.
- Must be able to teach, train, and disciple adults and leaders.
- Must possess organizational and administration abilities.
- Must be a team player – willing to work with other staff to accomplish the larger mission of the church.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and maintain the adult Community Group ministry ensuring it fits within the larger vision and direction of Bethel Church.
- Continually recruit and develop leaders of Community Groups.
- Provide formal and informal forums for frequent communication, encouragement, and training for Community Group leaders.
- Maintain regular contact with Community Group leaders and assist them in caring for those in their groups as needs arise.
- Oversee and approve of all curriculums used in Community Group meetings.
- Develop strategies for healthy group growth, multiplication, and outreach over time.
- Track and maintain records of group involvement.
- Effectively communicate/promote Community Group involvement within the body.
ADULT MINISTRY AREAS
- Oversee and maintain adult ministry areas ensuring they fit within the larger vision and direction of Bethel Church.
- Some existing ministries include: Men’s and Women’s ministries, WatchCare, Community Supper, Prayer ministry.
- Support, encourage, and develop leaders in adult ministry areas.
- Strategically plan initiatives (example: classes, events, mentoring relationships, etc) aimed at connecting adults with God and one another.
- Develop strategies for effective outreach and evangelism in our local community (example: events, initiatives, etc).
- Develop and coordinate a comprehensive plan for assimilating adults into the Bethel Church community (example: welcome ministry, Community Groups, membership, serving, etc).
- Oversee greeters, ushers, and information booth ministry teams providing training and visioning for a warm, welcoming environment during regular gatherings.
- Coordinate materials that will be placed in information booth or received by visitors.
- Coordinate all assimilation events and classes (Welcome to Bethel, Membership, Spiritual Gift development, etc).
- Encourage the congregation to be taking the “next step” in their process of growth (connect, grow, impact) and ensure that they are aware of how to take those steps.
- Participate in worship services.
- Be involved in a Community Group personally.
- Be a part of other church events whenever possible.
- Assist in any “all church” events as needed.
- Lead elements of worship services as needed (announcements, communion, etc).
- Preach in worship services 4-6 times/year.
- Perform occasional duties in the shared pastoral practice areas of marital and pre-marital counseling, weddings, funerals, child dedications, hospital visits, and baptisms.
- Collaborate with Youth and Children’s Ministries to care for families as needs arise.
- Attend weekly meeting with Sr. Pastor and staff for prayer and planning.
- Review and discuss annual job performance evaluation.
- Provide a budget proposal for your ministry area each year.
- Continue personal growth and development through being mentored, attending conferences, reading, and participating in the exchange of ideas with others.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Operations PastorVertical Church
- Durham Area, North Carolina
- December 2
"Gang Church" Lead PastorInFaith
- Fresno, California
- December 1
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1
Associate Pastor for Community Connection and Life DevelopmentFBC Mableton
- Mableton, Georgia
- November 30