Directly responsible to the Middle Pastor and High School Pastor, indirectly responsible to the Family Ministry Pastor.
- Oversee worship and serves as a part of the band for the Sunday morning Middle School service and Wednesday night High School service.
- Play at least guitar and keys as well as sing with excellence. A good understanding of bass and percussion instruments is highly valued.
- Proficiency with running audio, lighting, ProPresenter, and other media equipment is valued.
- Shows up on time for a 40-hour week schedule that is worked out with the Family Ministry Pastor.
- Dress appropriately.
- Spend time in prayer regularly for the staff, ministry teams, visitors, and service.
-Live out the Big 5 staff core values. (Leadership, Passion, Teamwork, Character, Excellence)
- Maintain your own personal relationship with God. In order to encourage the students to live Christ-centered lives we must also live Christ-centered lives. Make a constant effort to love God, make friends, serve others, and share the story.
- Continually be looking for and recruiting student worship leaders.
- Develop a worship team of middle students for their services and of high school students for their services.
- Attend all impact and church staff meetings.
-Stay connected to the Worship and Arts Director to maintain a relationship with the worship pastors at both campuses.
- Oversee the Student Choir.
- Lead in the adult and children’s environments as needed.
- Assist the church media department with various tech needs including setup and tear down of special church events.
- Raise up student worship leaders that are skilled enough to lead in the adult sanctuary.
- Work with the student worship leaders to set the weekly worship set lists several weeks in advance.
- Communicate weekly with the bands via Planning Center concerning their roles and the set list each Sunday and Wednesday.
- Work with the student media teams to ensure they have the necessary service schedule, equipment, lyrics, transition videos, lighting cues, etc.
- Train student band members how to: set up and breakdown their equipment, check the schedule for when and where they need to be on the stage ready to play, play the chosen songs, be worship leaders, and how to be examples with their attentiveness during
the entire service.
- Build personal relationships with each of the band members so that you can, not only assist in developing their musical skills, but also their personal relationships with God and worship leading skills.
- Pray and disciple the band weekly in practice before service begins.
- Responsible for completing the elements designed in the weekly creative meetings with the Middle School & High School Pastors.
- Schedule weekly time to create original worship content such as worship songs, stage design, pre-service playlists, or other worship elements.
-?Play a large leadership role with special student events such as worship nights, retreats, and mission trips.
- When emergencies and family priorities require you to be absent from a service, you are responsible to ensure that worship will be covered with excellence and the Middle School & High School Pastor is kept fully informed.
- Support and assist student ministries in their social media presence.
- Help with any other project the Family Ministry Pastor assigns.
- Be prepared to discipline tardiness, lack of preparation, bad attitudes, and other inappropriate actions of band members. First: a warning from you, second: a warning from you and the middle school or high school pastor, and third: suspension from the
$30,000 a year + benefits