Family Ministry – Discipleship/Elementary Coordinator
Primary Function: The Elementary Coordinator is responsible to catalyze and equip families in their journey of becoming fully devoted followers of Christ. Upholding the call for parents to be the primary discipler of their children,
NewSong Church shall purposefully equip parents to this calling and provide a wide range of opportunities for faith to be lived out at all levels of development.
Expectation: To spend consistent and extended abiding time with God (e.g. John 15:4-8), as well as to demonstrate the characteristics of a godly leader (e.g. I Timothy 3:1-13).
Qualifications: Skilled in catalyzing, equipping, and motivating leaders at all ages and stages of life. Possesses a vocational call to families, coupled with strong administration skills including creating and implementing systems
to accomplish the varied position responsibilities outlined below. Education: Bachelors is preferred but not required. Experience: 5 years+ children’s ministry experience preferred.
- Ministry Philosophy. Responsible to develop an evolving philosophy of Family Ministry and an effective methodology to multiply apprentices of Jesus from both churched and un-churched parents and children. This includes the formulation of appropriate ministry
goals, strategies, venues and tools.
- Family Ministry Team Participation. Support the Associate Pastor of Family Ministry in expanding the holistic well-being and formation, execution of goals, compliance with church policy and practices, and maintenance of staff unity and morale.
- Discipleship Development. To raise up and call out parents and students into leadership roles with in the body of NewSong Church. Responsible to recruit, train, resource, lead and deploy a multiplying network of leaders and ministry participants to facilitate
family discipleship opportunities. This is to include by not limited to: Children-Centered Programing, Parent-Centered Programing and overall with Leadership-Centered Programing.
- Coordinator Duties. Responsible to oversee and facilitate all necessary duties among children and their families, ensuring for proper teaching, counseling, baptizing, disciple-making,etc. Primary focus will be elementary Sunday morning programing.
- Responsible to oversee and assist in developing an evolving philosophy of Family Ministry for an effective methodology to minister to the spiritual and developmental needs of children, Kindergarten thru Fifth grade, integrating age-appropriate curriculum,
creative learning elements/strategies, celebration services, and pastoral care to supplement and equip families in their responsibility as primary spiritual caretakers of their children.
- Responsible to help facilitate special family programming, e.g. Fall Festival, Beach Days, Picnics, Baptisms, Missions Trips and the like.
- Responsible to enlist the ongoing support of all staff pastors to effectuate quality participation and growth in these various disciplines among children and their families.
- Responsible to perform additional responsibilities as assigned by the Lead Pastor and Associate Pastor of Family Connections.
Responsible For: Elementary Ministry leaders
Responsible To: Associate Pastor of Family Connections
Works Closely With: Director - Early Childhood Ministries, Student Ministry Coordinator, and Communication/Outreach Coordinator
25 Hour Position. In addition, employees are expected to participate in those activities normally engaged by partners of the church, including personal abiding time, weekend service attendance, discipleship/LIFEgroup participation and any additional
ministry activities (preferably beyond the church) at the discretion of the employee.