Position: Creative Arts & Communications Director
Hours: 40+ hrs/week (Nonexempt) – Employees are expected to devote the number of hours necessary to complete their respective tasks. May include weekend and/or possible evening hours.
Class: V – Hourly wage or salaried employee scheduled for 40 or more hours per week on average.
Supervisor: Executive Team Member
The Creative Arts & Communication Director (CD) role is to function as the strategic point leader on the design, execution and communication of all Radiant Church mediums, messaging and tactics. The CD will provide development, empowerment and management
of team members. The CD will ensure all arts, design, web, and video communication are excellent, creative and consistent. The CD will ensure clear communication within the Arts & Communication department and support creative collaboration between departments
and employees to effectively promote and execute departmental/church-wide events and programs.
- Oversee the direction, vision and goal achievement for the Arts & Communications Department
- Maintain and foster connectivity with interdepartmental communication
- Execute and manage the direction and continuity of the Radiant Church brand and image
- Provide support for weekend services, including order of service, team collaboration and stage and foyer décor
- Serve as media and promotional adviser for all church departments and leaders
- Ongoing evaluation of technology changes, enabling the strengthening of church-wide holistic communication
- Oversee the website, mobile app and all social networking connections
- Manage the editing and posting of blogs, web copy, podcasts, etc.
- Oversee & edit the promotional request process & communicate accordingly
- Ensure that all events and announcements are properly communicated
- Maintain currency on innovative creative, communications, and technological trends
- Train coworkers/interns on task-oriented programs/websites
- Speak into projects and give clear vision
- Oversee Arts & Communications staff, interns, and volunteers
- Assure approved deadlines are met by department
Unique Skills and Knowledge
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ that results in a life lived in obedience to the will of God as described in the Word of God, evident by spiritual fruit and the desire to grow in the Lord
- Strong leadership, administrative and organizational skills
- Proficiency in meeting task deadlines/timeline requirements
- Visionary leadership and forward-thinking in a highly creative culture
- A creative thinker who approaches situations, problems or opportunity in new and innovative ways, and implements new approaches and fosters creativity
- An innovator who fosters and initiates new ideas, methods and solutions
- Proven ability to recruit, train and equip team members
- 3-5 years of professional experience with the creation of promotional videos, or other relevant experience
- Demonstrated passion promoting the use of arts and technology, with a relevant and dynamic approach to ministry for maximum local cultural impact
- High attention to quality and detail is required
- Strong communication skills in both oral and written forms
- Ability to prioritize with willingness to learn new tasks
Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Positive attitude and positive approach to problem solving
- Takes initiative
- Open communication
- Thrives in a fast-paced, changing work environment
- Brings necessary materials to meetings, events, etc
- Genuine servant-hood, Gospel-centeredness, and spiritual maturity that results in good communication skills with ministry heads, staff and congregation members
- Demonstrates professionalism at all times
- Excellent ability to work with a variety of different types on individuals
- Lead by example, being aware of authority and influence
- Proficiency in Mac OS X, Adobe CS6, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere & After Affects
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Annual Self-Appraisal and Performance Appraisal
Qualified candidates should submit a resume along with a cover letter and employment application. Applications are available online at
www.radiantchurch.tv, at the front desk during office hours, and the Information Center during service times.
Cover letter should outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
8157 East DE Ave.
Richland, MI 49083