Position: We are looking for a Worship and Youth minister for a small church 50 / 100 that is focused on growing as well as solid teaching of the gospel, modern worship, and authentic disciple-making through community for the glory
of God. This is a full-time position for someone who is passionate about leading God's people in worship and also capable of pastoring junior high and high school students in our community. This individual will work in three key areas:
1. Assisting the Senior Pastor to help provide direction and implement vision for the church overall (including weekly staff meetings and collaboration for church growth and impacting the community with the gospel.)
2. Overseeing and developing the youth gathering, leading/overseeing small groups development, planning weekly gatherings, attending youth events, outreach, etc.)
3. Planning for and leading weekly worship on Sunday mornings, developing paid and volunteer musicians, introducing 2-3 new worship songs per month.
We are serious and passionate about the gospel of Jesus and consider ourselves a church that is uniquely situated in our community to share the gospel through relevant but consistently biblical teaching and ministries that impact real life.
Qualifications and Experience: A desired candidate will possess the following attributes and skills:
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in music, bible or some other emphasis applicable to this position.
- Experience in serving full-time in a church position using these particular skills and gifts.
- A growing and vibrant relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
- A solid grasp of Scripture and agreement with the truths of God's sovereign grace.
- Believes in and is committed to the idea that the local church is God's primary vehicle to redeem fallen creation through the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- A heart for people and their understanding of and growth in the gospel
- Competence for being a self-starter in being creative while overseeing and developing youth ministry programs, bible teaching, etc.
- Ability to play keyboard or guitar proficiently while leading worship
- Proficient in leading a worship band to lead people in worship, rearranging songs, and using contemporary, modern ways of leading both new songs as well as old songs reborn and renewed.
- Authentic, humble, teachable, and a team player.
- Innovative - doing whatever it takes to get the gospel to broken people
- An ability to work side-by-side with the Senior Pastor and Eldership for the common goal of growing the church through making disciples by doing the basics well: preaching and teaching the gospel, serving others, loving others, etc.
- A desire to be faithful to fulfill your calling as a minister of the gospel, while leaving results to God who is in complete control.
Application Instructions: If interested in this position, please send resumes including references as well as worship videos.
Provide energetic and creative leadership, vision, and forward movement to the Worship and Youth Ministries.
Position Responsibilities (Worship)
- Model the vision and values of this congregation.
- Champion the cause of culture-creating, and foster a sense of God’s presence, creativity, and excellence in Sunday worship.
- Oversee worship service planning and execution.
- Oversee worship, maintaining a high standard for worship, and helping worship team to grow and succeed in their ministries.
- Oversee the sound, lights, stage design, and media teams, working closely with individuals on team.
- Manage a working budget for Worship Services.
- Pastor the worship ministry, helping leaders, musicians, and volunteers to grow in their faith.
Position Responsibilities (Youth)
- Build a strong Youth Ministry that effectively disciples youth inside of and outside of the church.
- Create environments where students will experience the presence of God.
- Develop and lead a cohesive team of Youth Ministry volunteers who will invest into the lives of students.
- Oversee Youth Ministry activities, including weekly gatherings, fun events, and missional endeavors, youth conventions, trips, and mission experiences.
- Plan strategically for how to reach young people and foster genuine life-change.
- Shepherd and disciple volunteers and students toward a deeper commitment to Christ.
- Manage budgeted funds for the Youth Ministry.
- Manage the schedule for volunteer leaders.
- Communicate with people in a timely and effective way.
- Help to develop avenues for new volunteers to get involved
- Identify and equip new leaders.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Student MinistriesJeffrey Calhoun
- Hopkinsville, Kentucky
- January 17
Youth DirectorGrace at Fort Clake United Methodist Church
- Gainesville, Florida
- January 17
Campus Worship Leader - part-timeMorning Star Church
- Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
- January 17
Student PastorChurchology Staffing
- Lake Worth , Florida
- January 17
Director of Praise and Worship MusicWeddington United Methodist
- Weddington, North Carolina
- January 17