New Hope is a growing church in the Salem, Oregon area that has a great history of impacting its community. We are continually seeing lives transformed by the love and power of Christ. We take a team approach and invest in our team members. We believe it’s our job as leaders to equip the saints to do the work of the ministry by raising up volunteer leaders to help fulfill our commission. We strive toward creating a culture that encourages our best, that honors one another, and that serves with purpose.
Position: Children's Pastor
Position Type: Part Time to Full Time
How to Apply:
- Read Position summary
- Check us out at www.inewhope.org
- Submit Resume to email@example.com (include Job tittle in subject of email.)
- We will follow up within 3 weeks
The Children's Pastor / Children's Director will be responsible for recruiting, developing, leading, and shepherding our children from 0-11 years of age. This person will develop an energetic, engaging, fun and a well-rounded discipleship culture, while also reaching out into the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and manages on-site Children's Ministries.
- Develops and implements age appropriate curriculum/messages that are Biblical and relevant to children.
- Coordinates outreach events that target the “un-churched” children in an effort to lead people to Christ.
- Recruits and trains volunteer leaders.
- Develops relationships within local public schools and other organizations impacting children in our community to ensure a strong presence.
- Attends childrens activities and events in the community.
- Ensures that Sunday Children's Services run smoothly and the Gospel is clearly communicated.
- Provides guidance to and assists with the growth and development of leaders.
- Administers general Biblical counseling to families.
- Responds to requests from the congregation and community in a timely fashion, ensuring the highest level of customer service, professionalism, integrity and follow through.
- Interacts regularly with individual department heads and ministry leaders to ensure that the department/ministry’s operational priorities are aligned with New Hope’s direction and goals.
The above summary of duties represents the major tasks and duties. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Therefore, the individual may perform other related tasks under the direction of the Pastor.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Divinity degree, but not required.
- A minimum of 4 years of Childrens Ministry experience.
- Ability to understand and relate to children and families.
- Demonstrated skills and techniques to recognize problems and apply timely and appropriate corrective actions.
- Ability to think clearly under pressure and follow-through to ensure effective resolution.
- Demonstrates ability to make independent decisions based on the vision and values of New Hope.
- Proven ability to interact in a consistently positive manner with external patrons, including volunteers, visitors and guests, using a high degree of tact, diplomacy, discretion, flexibility, respect and courtesy in gesture and speech.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; responds promptly to requests for service, and works well in groups to problem-solve situations; strong team player who meets commitments.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, including excellence in oral and written communications to verbalize issues clearly, concisely, and competently in positive or negative situations.
- Must possess computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint).
Job Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Ability to be firm but gracious in dealing with staff, ministry leaders and others.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events with poise and professionalism.
- Self-motivated and flexible with strong organizational skills, and the ability to work well with timelines and short deadlines.
- Ability to provide sound, biblical counsel, while recognizing and maintaining confidentiality, as appropriate.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry DirectorCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Children's Ministry Director/PastorCornwall Church
- Bellingham, Washington
- October 20
Children's Ministry DirectorChrist Community Church
- West Chester, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Pastor of Children's MinistryChandler Christian Church
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 20
Pastor of Children's MinistriesWhittier Area Community Church
- Whittier, California
- October 20
New Hope is a growing church in the Salem, Oregon area that has a great history of impacting its community. We are continually seeing lives transformed by the love and power of Christ. We take a team approach and invest in our teams. We believe it’s our job as leaders to equip the saints to do the work of the ministry by raising up volunteer leaders to help fulfill our commission. We guard and create a culture that encourages our best, that honors one another, and that serves with purpose. More...