NOTE: To apply for this positon, send letter and resume to: Apply@FellowshipDallas.org
Fellowship Kids Volunteer Coordinator
Are you someone who enjoys building a team and mobilizing them to make an impact? Do you love solving a good puzzle by making all the pieces fit? Do people respond to and want to join you in the things you are passionate about? Do you see a challenge then
jump in and follow through until you find a solution? Then we have the position for you.
Fellowship Bible Church Dallas is looking for a proactive influencer who loves people and is passionate about the vision of consistent adults impacting the lives of kids. Their heart is for children to come to know Jesus and they pass this desire on to others.
This person is kind and challenging, calling people to grow spiritually as they serve. They will build a team who will invest in a larger team and manage a changing schedule of volunteers within a growing volunteer culture.
- An energized church moving towards an exciting mission
- A healthy, fun and supportive Fellowship Kids Team
- Health and Dental insurance coverage for the employee and family; cost to employee is $10/month
- Health care and child care spending accounts
- Church-paid retirement contributions
- One week paid leave for mission trip
- Two weeks of vacation first full year of service; three weeks in fifth year
- Six holidays annually, PLUS off from Christmas Day through New Year’s Day
- The opportunity to impact the next generation
The ideal candidate will have a love of Jesus and people young and old. They will be committed to the ministry of Fellowship Dallas and be willing to be an active member. They will have 1-2 years of experience as a volunteer coordinator and be proficient
in Microsoft Office Suite.
FELLOWSHIP KIDS VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR -- POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Position Title: Fellowship Kids Volunteer Coordinator
Commitment: 40 hours a week, Tuesday-Friday & Sunday
Reports To: Fellowship Kids Pastor
Position Overview: The Fellowship Kids Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for primary
oversight of all recruitment for the Fellowship Kids service teams, coaching team development and management, Sunday morning volunteer scheduling and team maintenance for Fellowship Kids.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strategizes / Executes Fellowship Kids participation in church wide Serve Your Church recruiting drives
- Tracks recruits and walks them through the process from interest to service
- Conducts orientations, interviews & casts vision for new recruits as needed in partnership with Children’s Pastor
- Conducts background checks, maintains volunteer files and administrates Ministry Safe training
Personnel: Area Directors, Coaches & Small Group Leaders (75%)
Development & Care (15%):
- Develops and utilizes a coaching team to keep apprised of planned volunteer absences, prayer needs, training needs, volunteer encouragement and care, etc.
- Cares for volunteers through Directors and Coaches
- Responsible for training new Fellowship Kids volunteers (Small group leaders, Directors & Coaches)
- Works with Coaches to maintain awareness of ongoing scheduling needs
- Staffs/Schedules Sunday Morning Ministries including New Creations, Ark, Treetop, Route 45, Volunteer Kid Rooms, Directors and Hosts
- Prepares a weekly schedule of volunteer assignments for use on Sunday Mornings.
- Finds substitutes (volunteers or parents) for last minute cancellations or “holes” in the schedule through Friday afternoon.
- Maintains current information of Fellowship Kids volunteers in weekly schedule spreadsheet, Planning Center & ACS
- Maintain accurate receipts for budgetary purchases
- Creates and maintains name badges for volunteer partners
- Provides accurate volunteer information to FK Administrator to be used in quarterly metrics pertaining to volunteers
- Assists/Participates in Church-wide/Fellowship Kids Ministry Events
- Attends Staff Meetings (weekly CM Staff meetings, monthly A-team meetings)
- Networks with other churches as needed
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong interpersonal skills and winsome personality
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to recruit, motivate, develop, mentor, and lead volunteers and peer leaders
- Ability to cast the vision and communicate the mission of Fellowship Kids.
- Ability to work under high pressure and time sensitive situations with grace, compassion, and integrity
- Maintains a teachable, cheerful, servant-oriented, and grace-filled attitude
- Conducts oneself in a friendly, professional, and ethical manner with high integrity
- Seeks, accepts and responds to evaluative feedback
- Takes initiative to become more effective in management of ministry area and to develop more effective systems to support the ministry
- Previous experience in volunteer management preferred
- Proficient with a Windows-based personal computer and the MS Office Suite
Please send a resume and cover letter to
Apply@FellowshipDallas.org with the subject line Fellowship Kids Volunteer Coordinator