Associate Pastor of Leadership Development
North Isanti Baptist Church – Cambridge, Minnesota
North Isanti Baptist Church is seeking an Associate Pastor of Leadership Development. The primary responsibility of this position will be to recruit, equip, and develop leaders and volunteers. The Associate Pastor of Leadership Development will give overall
direction to all ministry teams including significant focus in training our adult volunteers in our Youth Ministry.
North Isanti Baptist Church is located in Cambridge, MN, 40 miles north of Minneapolis and St. Paul. We have a rich heritage and commitment to missions giving and strong biblical teaching and preaching. North is a part of Converge World Wide (formerly
the Baptist General Conference). Although our area has a number of evangelical churches, our community has a significant and growing population of unchurched. We are currently undergoing strategic planning to more accurately define our role in the Great
Character Qualities: We seek God’s direction to bring us a person of godly character with a servant heart who shares in our vision to reach people for Jesus Christ. Our Pastor of Leadership Development must love God and His Word and be
committed to walking in faith as a result of devotion to prayer, study of the Bible and reliance on the Holy Spirit.
Ministry Gift and Strengths:
Qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to train and equip others for ministry
- Ability to help people identify with their spiritual gifts and talents.
- Ability to build effective teams – overseeing, empowering and working with numerous ministry team leaders.
- Ability to identify, recruit, train, motivate and equip others for involvement in ministry programs.
- Shall become a member of North Isanti Baptist Church and endorse, support and practice our Statement of Faith, Mission Statement and Vision Statement.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Seminary or Graduate degree in Theology or Pastoral Ministry preferred
- Minimum of 5 years in fruitful ministry developing leaders and growing disciples
- Recruit, develop, and support volunteer leaders
- Build a dynamic Youth Ministry Program that empowers volunteers to reach teenagers for Christ. Connect teenagers to the body of Christ. Provide Mission Trip coordination.
- Carry out the Strategic Plan of North Isanti Baptist Church.
- Work alongside our Senior Pastor, supporting our values and mission.
- Preach occasionally
- Pastoral representative on the Deacon Board
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor and/or Church Board
- Report to the Senior Pastor for overall direction, support, accountability, and supervision
- Oversee and work regularly with ministry team leaders
- Recruit, train and supervise lay leaders and assistants
Compensation: A competitive salary and benefits package will be determined by experience, education and will be commensurate with similar positons of this nature.
Applicants please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org