ABOUT EZRA CHURCH
Ezra Church is a growing and pioneering church in Stoughton, WI. The Madison area requires a pioneering and innovative approach to ministry. That’s why we choose to be a church that intentionally develops kingdom leaders and pursue creative and effective
ministry. We’re passionate about helping people connect & re-connect with God through Jesus. We’re located in Stoughton, WI – a great small town just outside of Madison. Check out the “About Us” section of our website (http://ezra.church/who-we-are/) for
more info about what’s important to us.
We’re looking for a gifted and passionate Kid’s Coordinator to join our team.
POSITION TITLE: EZRA KIDS COORDINATOR
(part-time, 16-18 hours/week)
In a sentence: The Ezra Kids Coordinator helps create an amazing environment for kids during our Sunday morning worship services.
In this role, you will provide strong leadership for the Ezra Church children’s ministry (birth-5th grade) while championing and strengthening the DNA of our church to help kids connect with God and love people. The Ezra Kids Coordinator will be a passionate
follower of Jesus, a team builder, and people-oriented. The Ezra Kids Coordinator serves under the leadership of the Lead Pastor.
This position is currently designed as a part-time position, allowing for some great ministry experience alongside other employment possibilities. We'd love to work something out for the right person, and may be able to expand the role to include other ministry
responsibilities, as well.
- Provide a great environment for the Ezra Kids ministry on Sunday mornings.
- Consistently grow and equip the Ezra Kids team, moving the ministry forward.
- Ensure healthy communication among team members and with other ministry areas to ensure high levels of effectiveness, collaboration and follow through.
- Serve as the point person for kids ministry at Sunday services.
- Plan, prepare and review all Ezra Kids programming elements in partnership with team. (Curriculum, creative elements, parent resources)
- Participate in ministry staff planning, coaching, and projects.
- Be a team player and help with other needs as they arise.
About the person who would be a good fit:
- Have a vital and growing walk with Jesus demonstrated by the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, etc.
- A team player who would rather build a team than do things on your own.
- You have a sense of humor and don’t take yourself too seriously.
- A track-record of fruitful and healthy ministry, including leading and growing a team of volunteers.
- Fully committed to the vision and values of Ezra Church.
- Hard-working, but love to have fun.
- Heart of a teacher/coach: you’re able to develop others spiritually and practically.
- Have a way to keep organized and prioritize a variety of projects and tasks.
- Seeks out feedback & coaching for growth.
- Ready to be involved in the regular life of Ezra Church (events, growth group, etc.)
- Looking for a part time position (approximately 16-18 hrs/week including Sundays)
- Related ministry experience and/or Bachelor's degree preferred.
Anticipated start date: Early 2017
Sound like this may be a good fit for you? Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.