The Video Systems Engineer is responsible for supporting the Production Department and its purpose*. Primary job responsibilities are maintenance and installation of video equipment for the West Des Moines, IA, campus of Lutheran Church of Hope, and also other campuses as defined in the Shared Services and Staffing model.
- Maintenance and installation of all the video equipment, including cameras, character generators, switchers, routers, monitors, projectors, and other related equipment.
- Maintenance will include things such as replacing projector lamps, diagnosing and sending equipment out for repair, upgrading software, and regular color calibrations of all equipment ensuring we adhere to broadcast standards.
- Assist with video system designs during integration projects. These could range from installing a new switcher in a venue, to collaborating with a team to design and build a video system for a new facility.
- Stay up to date on video hardware and software developments.
- Supervise, inspire, and equip both staff and volunteers.
- Lead, coordinate, and manage video maintenance and installation projects.
- Adhere to the Lutheran Church of Hope Staff Covenant.
Skills, Education and Experience Required
- Associates Degree in Video or Electrical Engineering.
- 2+ years of related work experience.
- In-depth knowledge of professional video equipment such as broadcast cameras, switchers, matrix routers, projectors, LED walls, and converters.
- Cable termination skills (BNC, XLR, Data, etc.) and experience building and installing AVL systems.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to stay calm and resolve technical issues quickly when issues arise while keeping appropriate parties apprised of the situation and solution progress.
- Ability to read and follow schematic drawings for the purposes of system integrations and troubleshooting.
- General working knowledge of all technical disciplines (audio, lighting, video and staging).
- Comfortable working with new and varied types of equipment.
- Project management skills including: capacity to evaluate, organize, think clearly, plan, communicate, and execute.
- Ability to multi-task and carry out detailed procedures with multiple variables.
- Must be able to see and hear within normal limits with or without corrective devices. Work involves normal activity of walking, standing, bending, stooping, kneeling and lifting weights up to 50 pounds. Must also be able to climb ladders and work at heights of 40’ or more on catwalks or work platforms.
- Staff management experience.
- CAD experience, preferably AutoCAD.
- HTLM and Java Script experience.
- General IT Networking knowledge as pertains to production equipment (VLAN, IP, QOS, switch configuration, ability to set up computer NIC card, etc.).
- Strong organizational skills for administration and leadership of team-based ministry.
- Full time, salary
- Requires evenings, weekends, and holidays
Pay and Benefits:
- $40,000 - $50,000
- Commensurate with position and experience, based upon National Wage Survey(s) of Comparative Churches
* Production Purpose Statement: To transparently resource Hope’s ministries and events through five-star audio, video, and lighting excellence.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Modern Service Worship Leader (231711)Private Profile
- USA South , Texas
- December 2
Worship PastorChurch of the Way
- Auburn, Georgia
- December 1
Tech DirectorCalvary Chapel Oceanside
- Oceanside, California
- December 1
Video Producer / CoordinatorCenterPoint Church
- Massapequa, New York
- November 30