The Financial Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of the church’s financial matters. The Financial Manager has the responsibility of insuring the Church’s financial operations are processed and reported accurately and with integrity.
This includes managing the day-to-day business processes and providing support to the Leadership Team. This will include but is not be limited to responsibility for internal control, and auditing for the MBC ministry.
Serve under the direct supervision of the Sr. Director of Administration & Connection Ministries. A written, annual review will be prepared by the SDACM, with input from key leaders, and will be discussed with the Lead Pastor(s) and with the Board of Elders.
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-Time, 30 hours/week
(Please Note: The hours necessary to perform the following is an estimate. There are some weeks where additional hours are necessary to carry out the required duties. Over the course of a month or two, the hours average out to accomplish
the necessary tasks.)
Financial Management (30 Hours)- Reports to the Sr. Director of Administration & Connection Ministries.
A. Maintain the books of account for all receipts and expenditures handled through the MBC bank accounts.
• Use acceptable accounting procedures in keeping the financial records using the line items as
delineated in the annual budget.
• Credit proper accounts for money received from offerings and other receipts and maintain current fund balances.
• Assist with counting. Prepare the deposit for receipts for special events or other non-tax credit
receipts while offering is counted.
• Initiate electronic giving as requested by donors and give donor information to the Financial
Secretary for contribution receipts.
• Sell stock donations and provide receipts to donors.
• Maintain up-to-date books with periodic reports produced as covered below and submitted to the
• Prepare and send 1099’s and related tax forms to vendors and government as required.
B. Prepare checks for all properly approved vouchers:
• Ensure vouchers are approved by the responsible parties—Finance Team, Commission chairs,
ministry staff - prior to payment.
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliation and submit to the treasurer for review and approval. Follow up
on long overdue checks that have not cleared.
• Submit prepared checks and approved vouchers to another authorized person. All checks must have two signatures. Financial Manager signs first and gives all checks to another authorized signer for the second signature.
• Make periodic disbursements from the Benevolence Fund as requested by the Board of Elders.
C. Disburse the Church’s payroll:
• Prepare payroll checks and give to another person for 2nd signature or initiate direct deposit for salaried employees.
• Prepare and send payroll tax payments, federal and state as required.
• Prepare and send quarterly 941 reports to the IRS as required.
• Prepare and send deductions for employees, monthly or as requested, such as 403b, etc.
• Prepare and distribute W-2 and W-3 statements annually as required.
• Ensure that staff paid on an hourly basis, as well as those salaried employees who do not meet the new FLSA overtime regulations, prepare time sheets on a weekly basis with approval by one of the ministry staff.
D. Prepare Church Reports:
• Monthly financial reports and distribute to members of the Finance Team and selected commission
chair and ministers.
• Monthly printout of all accounts showing receipts, disbursements, assets, and liabilities of the church.
• Monthly summary of the budgeted funds and actual receipts and disbursements year-to-date and
• Other reports at intervals as directed by the Treasurer.
• Provide information to assist the Treasurer in preparation of the Annual Budget and Annual Report.
• Monitor variances between budgeted and actual amounts within the General Fund and communicate variances to Treasurer.
E. Missions Commitments, Budgets and Expenditures
• Maintain records of Missions Commission commitments to various World Partners, and manage the
disbursement of funds in support of those World Partners
• Obtain and make available to the Missions Commission information on the current support levels of each of our World Partners, through contact with their respective sending agencies.
• Assist the Missions Commission in developing its annual Budget, and in revising that Budget
throughout the year as commitments change through retirement or reassignment of World Partners
or decisions are made to support new World Partners.
F. Little Footprints:
• Maintain Accounts Receivable for Little Footprints.
• Prepare invoices for tuition and other charges on a monthly basis.
• Prepare monthly reports for Little Footprints.
• Provide information to assist in the preparation of budgets for the school year as well as the fiscal
year for the annual budget of the church.
• Prepare and send annual tax form 5578 as required.
- Prepare reports and provide invoices, disbursements, etc. as requested by the auditors.
• Provide Minutes of Board or Commission meetings for the fiscal year to the auditors.
• Review financial reports prepared by the auditors and include entire report in the Church’s Annual
H. Records Maintenance:
- Maintenance of who has keys to MBC and disburse keys under the direction of the Finance Team.
- Maintenance of the Cemetery records for MBC and provide information as required. Flags for
- Veterans, etc.
- Maintain the assets of the church for insurance and financial reports.
- Maintain records of vehicle usage.
- Maintain records of approved drivers and provide information to insurance company.
- Maintain Minutes of Board and Commission meetings.
I. Assist the SDACM with Insurance renewals, such as workers compensation, etc. and provide information to Finance Team of policies in effect for their review.
- Have a commitment to excellence for the church, and a demonstrated capacity for innovation and creativity.
- Be a person of vision for the work of God in MBC, in the community and around the world, having a passion for those not yet here.
- Is a growing Christian, regularly practicing those disciplines which lead to spiritual Have a commitment to the truth of God’s word, in the context of an attitude of love and grace towards others.
- Be a team player who will work well with other staff members and under the authority of SDACM.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects; taking projects from beginning to end.
- Action-oriented and displays focus, passion and initiative. Takes appropriate action when something needs to be done.
- Relates well to all kinds of people, builds effective relationships, and communicates effectively both interpersonally and corporately.
- Detail-oriented and able to develop and maintain accurate records.
- Personable in dealing with other staff members, visitors, callers and suppliers, projecting a pleasant personality even when under pressure of time and tasks.
- Ability and disposition to work as a team player, sharing workloads with colleagues as needed.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related field, or at least 2-4 years experience in an office administration environment.
Please email resume to Scott Rajoppi at