The Production Manager position provides the Audio & Visual support for all events and worship services. The Production Manager will be the Quality Control Manager ensuring that all productions are being presented in a high quality, professional manner. The PM will need to be someone that has the ability to build and lead the volunteer weekend Production Team, establish and maintain serving schedules, recruit and train new volunteers, and evaluate performance of volunteer production team members. This position will also serve as managing producer on weekends, remain proficient on technical and production equipment, maintain all technical equipment, and assist with stage sets and designs. Some administrative support to MBC’s ministries, Pastors and Ministry Team members as they seek to build up the body of Christ at MBC will also be required.
Serve under the direct supervision of the Pastor of Spiritual Formation & Congregational Care and the Sr. Director of Administration & Connection Ministries. A 30-day, 90-day and written, annual review will be prepared by the PSFCC and SDACM, with input from key leaders, and will be discussed with the Lead Pastor(s) and with the Board of Elders.
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Part-Time, 25-30 hours/week
Please Note: The hours allocated for this position are estimates. There are some weeks that don’t equal these numbers and there are some weeks that may be higher. Occasionally, working irregular hours, shifts, weekends, holidays, and evenings will be required. Work schedules are based on event activity and could vary each week. Over the course of a month or two, the hours average out to accomplish the necessary tasks.
Worship Arts (15-20+ Hours)- Report to The Pastor of Spiritual Formation & Congregational Care
- In collaboration with the Coordinator of Worship Arts, assist in the development of weekly MediaShout presentations for worship.
- Edit weekly sermon video and audio files and upload onto MBC website.
- Coordinate staff/volunteers for weekend services and events
- Build and lead a team of volunteers to serve as the weekend Production Team, guiding them with excellence toward the goal of creating a distinct worship environment.
- Ability to utilize lighting in a creative way to create a particular atmosphere.
- Take leadership in the planning and purchasing of new A/V/L equipment for campus.
- Oversee production needs for all events and services.
- Proficient on all technical and production equipment including sound, lighting, presentation software and video camera workstations.
- Maintain an inventory of supplies, equipment & purchases.
- Manage the A/V/L department budget and plan spending.
- Manage the recruitment, training and development of volunteers on a regular basis.
- Print and distribute weekly service plans from Planning Center Services.
- Oversee the A/V assistant position.
Office Management (5+ Hours)- Report to Sr. Director of Administration & Connection Ministries
- Performs necessary administrative tasks in support of the Pastor(s) and various Ministry Team Members.
- Teams with other Support Team members to share work as needed
- Answers phones and receives visitors to the church.
- Have a commitment to the truth of God’s word, in the context of an attitude of love and grace towards others.
- Have a commitment to excellence for the church, and a demonstrated capacity for innovation and creativity.
- Be a person of vision for the work of God in MBC, in the community and around the world, having a passion for those not yet here.
- Is a growing Christian, regularly practicing those disciplines which lead to spiritual maturity.
- Be a team player who will work well with other staff members and under the authority of the PSFCC and SDACM.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects; taking projects from beginning to end.
- Action-oriented and displays focus, passion and initiative. Takes appropriate action when something needs to be done.
- Relates well to all kinds of people, builds effective relationships, and communicates effectively both interpersonally and corporately.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office, MediaShout, Planning Center Online, Adobe Indesign, social media applications, and video editing software (Movavi), and/or has the ability to quickly learn these and other programs necessary to the ministry.
- Personable in dealing with other staff members, visitors, callers and suppliers, projecting a pleasant personality even when under pressure of time and tasks.
- Ability and disposition to work as a team player, sharing workloads with colleagues as needed.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- BS or BA degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related area and/or 2-4 years of related experience preferred. Experience in AV design, video production or related field preferred. Successful candidate will also have good working knowledge or ability to learn Mediashout (or other) presentation software and Microsoft Office products.
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
- Reports to both the PSF&CC and SDA&CM.
This job oversees the current A/V Assistant.
Please email resume to Scott Rajoppi at email@example.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Web SpecialistWestwood Community Church
- Excelsior, Minnesota
- December 8
Technical Arts DirectorMid-Cities Community Church
- Midland, Texas
- December 7
Technical / Video DirectorPeoples Church | Fresno
- Fresno, California
- December 7
Front End Web DeveloperCentral Christian Church
- Mesa, Arizona
- December 5
Technical Director AssistantAbundant Life
- Lees Summit, Missouri
- December 5