Job Description: Technical Director
Supervisor: Worship Director
Employment: Full Time (40 hours/week)
The Technical director oversees all technical and audio elements at the Niceville Campus, including volunteer technicians to help further the vision of connecting people to Christ through the arts.
It is expected that this employee demonstrates the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ – loving God and loving others, exhibiting a desire to live in relationship with those within the church and without, and is willing to live according to the staff covenant. This person is expected to do more than just carry out daily tasks - they will be expected to act in a leadership capacity through developing Audio/Visual Technicians to become excellently trained and technical leaders of future Crosspoint campuses.
Qualifications and Skills:
The Technical Director is to be proficient in the following skills:
- Skilled in mixing a band and vocals
- Skilled in software such as Ableton Live, Waves
- Knowledge of each instrument on stage-(including mic’ing instruments and amplifiers; plugging each instrument into the sound system; etc.)
- Able to receive constructive feedback, but at the same time lead us to new ways and ideas of audio/visual presentation
- Skilled and knowledgeable in lighting and visual software design (Jands Vista, ProPresenter, Blackmagic etc)
- Understanding how to maintain and repair Audio Visual equipment (computers, projectors, electronic consoles, lighting, camera equipment etc.)
- Training and developing Audio/Visual volunteer technicians into future leaders.
The Technical Director position incorporates time dedicated to multiple areas of the Crosspoint Creative Team. The responsibilities are split for each ministry area in the following way:
- Audio Visual Production
- Producing technical elements for Saturday night and Sunday worship services for the Community Life Center services of Crosspoint, Niceville Campus. This would primarily involve mixing audio for the worship band.
- Oversee all Audio/Visual volunteer Technicians and their scheduling in the worship services.
- Ensure all audio equipment is set up and packed down appropriately for worship services.
- Collaborate with Worship Leaders in the creation and production of backing/click tracks that will be used during any worship service on Crosspoint, Niceville Campus.
- Technical Maintenance
- Oversee the repair and maintenance of all technical equipment at the Niceville Campus. This includes all projectors, lights, audio systems, consoles, and computers used in worship services; as well as TV’s, DVD players, and other equipment found in classrooms or small group meeting rooms.
- Work with Creative Director, Creative Programming Director, and any outside contractors for the purchase of technical equipment and installation labor.
- Oversee the A/V budget (under direction of Creative Director and Creative Programing Director)
- Special Events
- Oversee all special events requiring audio and visual needs at Crosspoint, Niceville Campus.
- Ensure all Audio/Visual equipment is set up and packed down correctly for the event.
- Oversee the quoting and payment for the special event through the liaison with ministry leaders and/or community event organizer.
- Schedule volunteers and/or paid technicians for the special event and ensure correct payments are delivered.
- Lighting Design
- Creating lighting designs for weekend worship environments in the Community Life Center of Crosspoint, Niceville Campus.
- Maintaining lighting systems and lighting fixtures for worship environments at the Crosspoint, Niceville Campus.
- Assisting in the installation of lighting fixtures for new stage designs or stage rebuilds.
- Audio/Visual Technician Development
- Oversee the active recruitment of Audio/Visual volunteer technicians.
- Training and developing the technical and leadership skills of Audio/Visual volunteer technicians through large group and specialized one-on-one training.
- Overseeing a system to release Audio/Visual volunteer technicians to lead technical positions at future Crosspoint campuses.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Executive Director - Creative MinistriesHope Community Church
- Raleigh, North Carolina
- October 27
St. Mark's Church - Audio/Visual DirectorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Burlington, North Carolina
- October 26
Worship Tech & IT DirectorLee's Summit Community Church
- Lee's Summit, Missouri
- October 25
Media/Visual ArtsOrchardville Church
- Xenia, Illinois
- October 25
Director of Audio Visual ArtsManchester United Methodist Church
- Manchester, Missouri
- October 24