Harvest Community Church
Under the leadership of the Senior Pastor, the executive pastor is responsible for the management, care and development of staff; direct responsibility for congregational care; oversight and enhancement of the various ministries of the church; oversight
and administration of all business operations and finances of the church. He will ensure that the mission, vision, values and strategies of the Church are executed with excellence through staff and volunteers according to plan and budget. His priority is to
form a close bond of trust with the Senior Pastor, speak and act as his representative and free him to focus on vision and strategy, teaching and shepherding of the congregation.
Essential Job Functions
- Represent the Senior Pastor in assigned activities of the church and partner in the development of the desired church culture.
- Recruit and train staff.
- Manage and develop the leadership and organizational skills of the staff with a shepherd’s orientation.
- Facilitate strategic planning, annual budgeting and development of appropriate performance metrics to evaluate the ministries of the church.
- Lead the ministry staff in establishment and ongoing direction of ministries that reach and support the church’s demographic, insuring accomplishment of the overall mission. This may include: assimilation; discipleship of small groups; membership; family
ministries, and leading the deacons.
- Ensure operational readiness of the church through leadership and the development of plans, business processes, policies and technology addressing finance and accounting, information systems, human resources and facilities.
- Implements appropriate controls, checks and balances to insure transparency and integrity in all processes.
- Manage church building programs including capital fund raising campaigns, master planning, design and architecture, contractor selection, and construction.
- Serve as chairman of the deacon board
- Other duties as required for leadership and stewardship of the church.
- A mature and tested faith in Jesus Christ with a strong knowledge of the bible.
- The qualities of a deacon (1Timothy 3:8-13) and full agreement to uphold the philosophy, values and statement of faith of Harvest Community Church.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience in business, finance or accounting, or other related field. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in biblical studies or theology would be of added value.
- 10 years of demonstrated experience as a senior leader in for profit, not-for-profit or church environments with direct management of others.
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen managing budgeting and planning processes, capital projects and other operational project management.
- Strong oral, written and platform communication skills with the ability to articulate the intent and value of church mission, strategy and plans.
- Expertise with standard office & cloud technology, information systems and web platforms
- A heart to shepherd the staff and contribute pastoral insight to meetings