The Junior High Director is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of middle school students (grades 7 and 8). This includes leadership of weekly programs and periodic special events (camps, conferences, trips, service
Essential Job Functions
- Lead a team of volunteers in the creation and operation of a middle school student ministry, including weekend services, mid-week gathering, and routine special events.
- Plan and execute biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and high energy services for middle school students.
- Create and manage a middle school student ministry calendar that will drive all the activities and teaching of the ministry.
- Direct the recruitment, training, and development of volunteers as needed to staff weekly programs and special events.
- Develop and disciple a group of student leaders.
- Implement student registration, program management, and security policies/practices in support of weekly services and special events.
- Implement a plan for special events and camps.
- Work closely with High School pastor to design, plan, and conduct periodic parent meetings in order to meet the needs and expectations of families attending the church.
- Lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of student ministry facilities and ground.
- Assist in the development of an annual budget for middle school student ministries and manage spending to budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of 2 years of experience as a paid or volunteer staff member in a student ministry leadership capacity. The successful individual will be a strong leader with a solid work ethic, possessing a passion for teaching students
about God and the ability to administrate as a department head. A working knowledge of creative programming related to student programs and special events is a real plus.