The Student Ministries Pastor shall give overall ministry leadership to the middle school and senior high students of City Church and build and lead a Young Life Club team:
1. Recruit, equip, mobilize and participate with a team to spend quality time with middle school and senior high students, getting to know individuals and ministering to them.
2. Develop and participate in ministries, including Sunday AM & PM education, Young Life Club and other weekly and periodic events, which integrate evangelism and discipleship.
3. Recruit, train and supervise volunteers – both adult volunteers working with students and creating leadership opportunities for students with children or peers.
4. Communicate clearly, confidently, and in a compelling way, life truths from the Scripture in large and small group settings. The Student Ministries Pastor will be the primary (but not exclusive) lead speaker/teacher in large group gatherings.
5. Recruit students and leaders to retreats (fall and winter) and camp (summer). Fulfill multi-week Young Life summer camp assignment.
6. Coordinate and lead periodic service projects and bi-annual short term mission trips.
7. Maintain meaningful contact and participation with parents of middle school and senior high students.
8. Attend weekly City Church staff meetings and bi-weekly Young Life Area Leader’s meetings and monthly Young Life North Star Region training.
9. Manage ministry within an approved budget.
10. Involvement in raising mission support for the .5 Young Life Partnership.
- Participate in other ministry functions as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
1. Bachelors degree; divinity degree desirable (or interest in taking seminary classes).
- Ability to effectively communicate the truth of the Bible to students.
- Ability to understand and relate to middle school and senior high students and their families.
- Ability to recruit, equip, motivate and train volunteer leaders.
- Experience in working with youth in a local church setting.
- Experience with Young Life and their ministry model.
- Endorse and support the Church Statement of Faith as stated in the City Church Constitution and the Young Life Statement of Faith. Evidence a commitment to the City Church Purpose Statement to
Love God, Love Others. Support the traditional evangelical theology for which City Church stands. Remain a member in good standing of City Church.
1. Reports to the Director of Community Outreach, mentored by Senior Pastor.
2. Participates on the staff team of Minneapolis Young Life.
3. Works with volunteer ministry teams related to student ministry.
4. Coordinates with other members of the church staff.