Trinity Lutheran Church - Kent, Ohio
Ministry Description for Faith Formation Coordinator
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in education or religious studies preferred or equivalent experience
- Embrace ELCA doctrine and theology and fully participate in the life of the congregation
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule as required
- Develop and maintain a multi spectrum approach to Christian Education for all ages. Examples include but are not limited to Sunday School, Vacation Bible School, Bible studies and small groups.
- Identify, recruit, mentor and train lay leaders of the congregation to serve as teachers, mentors, overseers, and peer leaders in their various groups.
- Collaborate with the pastoral staff to lead confirmation ministry
- Plan, organize and attend/lead Junior and Senior Youth Groups, LOMO camps, retreats, Synod and National Youth Gatherings
- Train and direct youth for participating in worship. Examples include but are not limited to acolytes, readers, and drama presentations.
- Prepare and present Children’s Message during worship as requested by the pastoral staff
- Maintain connections with youth and families through a variety of means/venues
- Represent Trinity in the Campus Religious Life Association at Kent State University and assist with Lutheran Campus Ministry Programs
- Full time salaried position, but will consider part time for the right candidate
For more information about our church, go to www.trinitykent.org
Interested Applicants – Please send a cover letter and resume via e-mail to:
Mr. Ted Linden
Search Committee Member