MTVchurch is a different kind of church. We’re a Baptist church that doesn’t act very Baptist. We’re different on purpose. We do life together. We serve, not sit. We breathe hope. We embrace the messes.
And we’re looking for a High School and Media Pastor that can lead our High School ministry as well as spearhead our media, sound and video efforts at MTVchurch.
HIGH SCHOOL MINISTRY REQUIREMENTS
This pastor will lead our teenagers (9th grade-12th grade, over 60 active high schoolers) to create contagious communities of hope. Here are some fundamentals for this position:
- You must have unquestioned character and a tangible passion for Jesus as you lead our students.
- You must be relationally-driven and make vibrant relationships the centerpiece of your ministry.
- You must have a track record of outreach and a willingness to go get the kids on the margins.
- You must be organized with a high leadership capacity to earn and retain the trust of hundreds of parents.
- You must be loyal and willing to wholeheartedly advance the overall mission of MTVchurch.
- This can’t be your first rodeo. You need prior experience in a growing and thriving ministry.
MTVchurch is a growing and thriving church, dedicated to employing creative ministry methods to reach people for Jesus. If you want a quiet and predictable ministry, this job isn’t for you. If your greatest passion is is to disciple a small group of students
through in-depth Bible study, this job isn’t for you. If you can’t relate to or empathize with people outside the church, this job isn’t for you. And if you’re not a hard worker or self-starter, then this job is definitely not for you.
If you want to be on the front lines of reaching students, if you want to partner with a church that is youth-friendly and family-focused, if you want to work alongside other passionate believers dedicated to doing whatever it takes to reach the least and
the lost, then come on.
Partial list of responsibilities:
- Work in coordination with the overall goals and objectives of MTVchurch’s mission and strategies (find out more at www.mtvchurch.com)
- Work with staff to carry out the ministry goals and vision of the church
- Implement and promote activities to support the overall student ministry strategies and work with the staff to communicate these activities to other adult leaders, families with students and the church congregation as appropriate
- Plan, schedule, and implement High School ministry events throughout the year including mid-week services and Sunday morning small groups and any public speaking and teaching of classes or training sessions as needed within the student ministry
- During the school year, will be present on school campuses by participating in activities such as eating lunch at school, attending school events and functions
- Lead in the preparation and management of the budget for the High School ministry
- Purchase supplies and equipment and oversee the use and maintenance of all equipment and supplies used by the ministry including set up, break down and proper operation
- Other duties as assigned based on skill set and passion
MEDIA PASTOR MINISTRY REQUIREMENTS
The Media Pastor will support the mission of MTVChurch by overseeing and coordinating all aspects of the Technical Ministry in regards to audio, lighting, and video.
- The successful candidate must be a fully devoted Christ-follower and fully support the ministry of MTVChurch. This individual’s commitment to Christ will be evidenced in his/her personal life, family relationships, and ministry. His/her daily walk with
God will be an example to others with which he/she interacts.
- Knowledge of audio systems and large-format digital consoles (Knowledge of Yamaha M7 series familiarity with personal monitoring [i.e. AVIOM] a plus.)
- Expert knowledge of media in the context of worship services
Partial list of responsibilities:
-Provides tech support for Sunday services:
1. Maintain a reliable system for providing tech support for all worship services and events. This includes(but not limited to):
- Audio mixing and audio recording
- Lighting Production
- Switching with multiple cameras (IMAG)
- Video recording and live streaming production
- Assist in set-up for rehearsals, worship services, and other events
2. Recruit, train , equip, volunteers for production ministry
- Recruit volunteers for events and services
- Train volunteers to competence
- Equip volunteers with proper tools
- Deploy volunteers to appropriate tasks
3. Update and maintain production technologies
- Ensure that campus technologies are in working order
- Advise on future purchases
- Oversee any technical installation
4. Video Production
- Oversee and develop video production team which would be responsible for capturing, editing, and producing videos.
- Create a system to receive a manageable number of requests from ministries for video
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
1. Please send a cover letter and resume to:
2. Please provide any links to online sermons
3. Please send us a short video (or a link to a video) of yourself answering the first three questions and two of the remaining questions:
• Describe how High School ministry would look under your leadership on our church campus.
• What are some ways you minister to high schoolers inside and outside of the church weekly, and how do you intend on extending your high school ministry and outreach plans in the future?
• What experience to you have in sound, tech and video? In what areas are you the strongest and weakest?
• What kind of work environment do you flourish in? Please include examples of the leadership style, setting, and coworkers.
• Give an example of a ministry success and failure during your time in ministry. What did you learn from these experiences?
• How do you handle conflict in situations with students? With parents?
• How do you develop and use team members and volunteers?
• What would you consider your two biggest weaknesses?
• What personal goals do you have?
• What other things should we know about you when considering you for this position?