The General Accountant will provide a variety of detailed broad-based accounting and office management support services for the Budget and Finance ministry area and insure implementation of all internal financial and business controls.
Director of Budgeting and Finance
Key Results Area
The General Account has the opportunity to be deeply involved in the lives and ministry of the church; providing assistance to help guide the staff and church in fiscally responsible ways while maintaining the integrity of the church through careful financial accounting duties within the Office of Budget and Finance.
- Assist in the day-to-day management, organization and financial activities of the Office of Budget and Finance.
- Complete all work associated with the following, but not limited to:
- Counting, recording, and tracking contribution pledging, weekly donations and love offerings.
- Generate reports to pastors, department heads, financial committees and church members.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of payroll, tax preparation and quarterly reports.
- Assist in the area of monthly / yearly budget planning and adherence to budget along with financial building campaigns.
Description of Duties
- Maintain, organize and ensure safe storage of internal physical accounting records.
- Maintain and balance check books for Grace Baptist Church.
- Process returned checks and voided checks as needed.
- Enter ledger transfers along with departmental monthly transfers as needed.
- Maintain a strict level of confidentiality in the areas of, but not limited to: financial disbursements, internal giving records, compensation information and insurance for which access is granted.
- Support the various ministry areas, when appropriate, along with special event-driven activities and luncheons.
- Work with appropriate ministry areas, committees, officers and leaders to carry out the ministry of the church and the Office of Budget and Finance.
- Assist the Director of Budget and Finance in the following areas:
- Budget planning, forecasting, adherence (overall and individual ministry areas), and monthly budget meetings
- Preparation of materials for Annual Business Meeting
- Costs reporting and financial forecasts
- Ensuring compliance with all audits, accounting and reporting requirements
- Analyze current systems / processes and bring forward suggestions for improvements.
- Attend weekly office staff meetings, monthly All-Staff meetings, and any other meetings and training seminars as requested.
We Want – Must Haves
- Must be a follower of Jesus Christ, stable mature Christian, faithful in a local church and tithing, and have a lifestyle that demonstrates obedience.
- Fully supportive of decisions and loyal to the mission and leadership of Grace Baptist Church.
- Ability to perform services independently, without direct supervision, as well as work cohesively within a team environment.
- Statistical, mathematical and financial statement analysis skills.
- Knowledge and principles of preparing correspondence and forms.
- Effective decision maker. The ability to manage a consensus decision-making process.
- High attention to detail and accuracy with complete follow through.
- Excellent communication, both orally and in writing, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Analytical, high attention to detail, and strong organizational skills.
- A positive attitude at all times and poise under pressure.
- BS Degree along with five years proven successful work history in the corporate or non-profit sector with experience in the following areas:
- General accounting
- AP, AR
- General Ledger Management
- Account Reconciliation
- Report Development and Management
- Audit Research
- Familiar with State and Federal Filings
- Proficient in Excel and Accounting Software
- Maintain and keep up-to-date all vocational related certifications.
- A demonstrated ability to maintain sensitive confidential church information.
- Possess one or more of the following gifts: Administration, Serving and Giving.
We Want – Like to Have
- Proven ability in budgeting, financial and leadership development with abilities to coach and develop leaders, staff, volunteers, and the congregation.
- A desire to seek additional education and a willingness to read current articles, books, and magazines along with attending additional conferences and seminars that will provide for increased leadership growth and effectiveness.
- Work history within a church environment to foster a complete understanding of the requirements of the budgeting and finance process.
- Membership in Grace Baptist Church.
This is a full-time position as outlined in the Grace Baptist Church Employee Personnel Manual.
How to Apply
- Read the Job Description listed above. We want someone with experience in the accounting sector.
- Read the summary statement listed above. Make sure you fit that description.
- Read the statements that are part of the GBC Application: Application Agreement, Statement of Ethics, Statement of Faith and Confidentiality Statement. Can you agree to these statements?
- Email your completed application, signed documents and an updated resume to Sandra Emery at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a cover letter outlining your experience. We will acknowledge receipt of your information by email within one day of receipt.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of AdministrationTrinity Evangelical Free Church
- South Bend, Indiana
- October 27
Executive Pastor (#12140)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA South , Texas
- October 27
Finance ManagerNew Life Community Church
- Peoria, Arizona
- October 25
Director of Care Assistant/Celebration of Life CoordinatorCornerstone Fellowship
- Livermore, California
- October 22
Administrative PastorFolsom Foursquare Church
- Folsom, California
- October 18
Grace Baptist Church
Grace Christian Academy has grown rapidly and continues to meet the needs of its students with excellence. With a high priority on technological advancements and an atmosphere conducive to learning, students can thrive academically, socially, and spiritually. Our students are challenged to engage in critical thinking skills that will last far beyond adolescence, and have multiple opportunities in the areas of fine arts, athletics, and extracurricular activities. With weekly chapel services and spiritual emphasis events, students are equipped More...