It is our belief that if we are to reach the next generations with the Love of Christ, and to prepare them to live out the Great Commission we must staff our ministries accordingly. We have an immediate need to strengthen our Student Ministry and seek to
fill the Position of Student Minister with a candidate who is passionately pursuing God’s call on his or her life.
Half-time 25 hours per week
Salary Range: $16,000.00 - $25,000.00 per year
* Personal profession of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
* Mature Christian with a Christ-like attitude performing all
duties “as unto the Lord” with willingness and excitement.
* Impeccable integrity and an ability to maintain the utmost of
* Ability to cast vision and lead others into that vision.
* Desire and ability to work with parents, volunteers, staff and
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Self-motivated and a self-starter. Ability to work well with
* Ability to handle stressful situations and make necessary
decisions under load.
* Ability to recruit and train volunteers.
* Strong Computer and AV skills.
* Bachelor of Arts
* Successful work experience in a Christian ministry or
* Agreement with the Beliefs and Practices of WBBC. ref to: wrightsvillebaptist.org
General Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assist with Hospital and in-home visits as requested by the
* Assist with production needs of the office as requested by
the Ministerial and Office Team.
* Attend Staff Meetings, Church Conferences and Church
Council Meetings to represent Ministry to Students.
Youth Ministry Responsibilities:
* Lead Student Ministry Team to develop an overall vision for
the student ministry of the church.
* Spend appropriate and necessary time developing and
nurturing relationships with students and families. This may
include lunches, evening trips for coffee/ice-cream, lunch in
local schools, in-home visits, response to medical and prayer
needs and other appropriate interactions.
* Oversee all Student related programs such as Youth Sunday
School, Midweek Youth Group, Outreach Programs, etc.
* Facilitate weekly times of fellowship and worship for
* Organize and implement fundraising efforts as necessitated
and approved by appropriate church teams.
* Provide council and guidance to students.
* Communicate regularly with students, parents, church staff
and church leaders.
* Develop and manage Student Ministry Budget to include
student fees for events, fundraisers, purchases, curriculum,
* Engage students in the overall mission of the church.
* Regularly attend worship and participate in worship
leadership as requested by senior staff and ministerial team.
* Attend weekly staff meetings, work closely with other staff
and ministry teams of the church. Present annual ministry
goals and assessments of programs.
* Stay current with youth ministry practices and flow nation-
Interested applicants should send a PDF copy of cover letter, resume and personal references to the Youth Search Team via staffing@WrighstvilleBaptist.org.