Ministry Support Coordinator (Rev’d 9/7/16)
15 hours / week $20 - $25 / hour
- Faith Description
- Seek to follow the Lord Jesus Christ, love your neighbor and work for the reconciliation of the world in your personal life.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a fruitful, Spirit-led life
- Adult Education Ministry
- Research and review resources for potential classes. Keep ongoing list of topic ideas.
- Schedule periodic meetings with Adult Education team to discuss topic ideas, gather other ideas from team, and discuss potential teachers. Reinforce concept of changing lives, not just Bible facts.
- Review potential topics and whether we’ve offered similar classes recently, who has taught recently, and who would be a good fit and have an interest in teaching each class.
- Help Youth Pastor and Children’s Director coordinate family Sunday School lessons, mission projects or events between Hackberry U sessions.
- Create a preliminary schedule for each semester, aiming to offer a variety of classes in the categories of Bible study, basic theology/general subject, and equipping. Periodically offer spiritual gifts class.
- Start inviting potential teachers and continue to revise the schedule as teachers accept or decline.
- Schedule and coordinate fall kickoff brunch in September and spring kickoff in January to promote each semester’s classes. Prepare flyer for each semester. Prepare email blasts and bulletin blurbs to promote classes.
- Periodically provide surveys to students to gather feedback on classes offered and suggestions for future classes.
- Community Events
- Plan 1 – 4 events per year hosted by HCC and invite the community-at-large to hear speakers, attend workshops and/or classes on various topics.
- Put together a team from the congregation to brainstorm ideas, plan and host the events.
- Make connections that could provide resources for the events.
- Equip and support ministry leaders (i.e. Family Promise, Small Groups, Worship, etc.)
- Collaborate with leaders regarding potential team members and the applicable spiritual gifts and skills. Extend invitations, when needed.
- Perform background checks on staff or volunteers when requested by children and youth ministries.
- Work with and encourage leaders to provide training for their ministry teams.
- Help write position descriptions and encourage ministry leaders to use them when inviting potential members.
- Collaborate with ministry team leaders in developing training materials. Write and publish, when needed.
- Schedule monthly ministry life and work segments to encourage ministries to communicate with the congregation regarding how they are serving God and being blessed in their ministry.
- Help with promotion, when needed, writing bulletin blurbs, email blasts, posters, etc.
- Encourage ministry leaders to have a succession plan.
- Support Team Ministry
- Coordinate with deacon moderator and support team board to schedule training for new deacons.
- Periodically offer “discovery events” to congregation to share the mission of the support teams and how they can be the hands and feet of Christ through this ministry. Gather information from them about what they would like to do on future teams.
- When a support team is needed, invite potential members to be involved (start with people who know the “friend”) and schedule training with the support team board. Discuss the support team model with the potential “friend” and ensure that this would be a help to them and find out what is needed. Encourage and facilitate as the team gets off the ground.
- Be aware of each support team and when they are at the end of their life cycle and need to be retired or revamped.
- New Members
- Work with the Pastor to periodically schedule newcomer class
- Coordinate ministry representative visits with ministry leaders for each class session (worship, education, stewardship, small group, caring/diaconate, missions, equipping)
- Schedule and coordinate newcomer brunch on final Sunday during SS hour.
- Contact involved/active members to pair with newcomers and invite to brunch.
- Encourage newcomers to complete member profile form which includes their spiritual gifts, interests, and needs. When completed, give to Administrative Assistant to enter in to church database and follow-up with new members, as needed.
- Update and print ministry guide (includes descriptions of all ministry opportunities) to provide to newcomers.
Interested applicants direct resumes and queries to
Search Team: Ministry Support Coordinator
c/o AdminAssist: Sheryl Taylor
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Adult DIscipleshipTrinity United Presbyterian Church
- Santa Ana, California
- January 24
Information Technology CoordinatorRadiant Church
- Richland, Michigan
- January 24
Piano Accompanist/Music & Worship AssociateBerea First Baptist Church
- Greenville, South Carolina
- January 23
Executive PastorThe Meeting House
- Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- January 23
Harvest Bible Chapel - Director of WorshipVanderbloemen Search Group
- Sacramento, California
- January 20