Position: We are looking for a Worship and Youth minister for a small-town church that is growing as it focuses on solid teaching of the gospel, modern worship, and authentic disciple-making through community for the glory of God. This is a full-time position
for someone who is passionate about leading God's people in worship and also capable of pastoring junior high and high school students in our community. We are located in Schulenburg, TX (pop: 2600) but we are within 1-1.5 hours of Austin, Houston, Victoria
and San Antonio.
This individual will work in three key areas:
1. Assisting the Senior Pastor to help provide direction and implement vision for the church overall (including weekly staff meetings and collaboration for church growth and impacting the community with the gospel.)
2. 25-30 hours a week will be spent overseeing and continuing to develop the youth ministry (i.e. teaching bible studies on Sunday mornings, improving our Wednesday night youth gathering, leading/overseeing small groups development, planning weekly gatherings,
attending youth events, outreach, etc.)
3. 10-15 hours will be spent planning for and leading weekly worship on Sunday mornings, developing volunteer musicians, introducing 2-3 new worship songs per month, creatively using the arts to engage God's people in worship, etc.)
We are serious and passionate about the gospel of Jesus and consider ourselves church that is uniquely situated in our community to share the gospel through relevant but consistently biblical teaching and ministries that impact real life.
If you are looking for a place that is relatively new, we are only 8 years old. We are not saturated in tradition and you will largely be able to serve the Lord in these positions as you feel led, called and according to your own talents and giftedness. You'll
be coming to us at a very exciting time where we are experiencing rapid growth for our area, with lots of excitement about the future.
Qualifications and Experience: A desired candidate will possess the following attributes and skills:
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in music, bible or some other emphasis applicable to this position.
- Experience in serving in churches, whether full-time, part-time, or through internships
- A growing and vibrant relationship with God through Jesus Christ and a knowledge and love for the one gospel through which we have life.
- A solid grasp of Scripture and agreement with the truths of God's sovereign grace, including sovereign election of God's people.
- Believes in and is committed to the idea that the local church is God's primary vehicle to redeem fallen creation through the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- A heart for people and their understanding of and growth in the gospel
- Competence for being a self-starter in being creative while overseeing and developing youth ministry programs, bible teaching, discipling, etc.
- Ability to play keyboard or guitar proficiently while leading worship
- Proficient in leading a worship band to lead people in worship, through the use of chord charts, rearranging songs, and using contemporary, modern ways of leading both new songs as well as old songs reborn and renewed.
- Authentic, humble, teachable, and a team player
- Innovative - doing whatever it takes to get the gospel to broken people
- An ability to work side-by-side with the Senior Pastor for the common goal of growing the church through making disciples by doing the basics well: preaching and teaching the gospel, serving others, loving others, etc.
- A desire to be faithful to fulfill your calling as a minister of the gospel, while leaving results to God who is in complete control.
Application Instructions: If interested in this position, please send resumes including references as well as teaching videos and/or worship leading videos.