Our church was established over 100 years ago and currently resides in Manhattan Beach, CA. After an extensive two-year search, we voted in a new Lead Pastor in October 2015. Since then God has richly blessed our church; we’ve seen major growth in our Sunday
attendance (3,000 congregants on average) and our overall membership numbers. We currently have four worship services each Sunday (three in the morning and one in the evening); musically led by our Pastor of Worship Arts and Associate Pastor of Worship Arts.
Due to the increase in attendance we are adding four more worship services. Two of those services will take place at our new multi-site campus in the South Bay area.
To accommodate these additional services, we are searching for a full-time Worship Leader to join our expanding Worship Team.
Mission and Calling:
The Worship Leader will assist the Pastor of Worship Arts and Associate Pastor of Worship Arts in leading/co-leading, directing, supervising and providing encouragement to current members of the Worship Team, as well as recruiting and developing new members.
- Lead/co-lead weekly worship services, gatherings and other events, as needed.
- Help evaluate, raise-up, and recruit new members to the worship team.
- Assist with mentoring the current worship team members spiritually and musically.
- Oversee the administrative duties related to running a worship team, including but not limited to; scheduling, selecting and posting songs, setting up for worship services and other tasks as assigned.
- Be a committed Jesus follower with a lifestyle and reputation of Christian faithfulness.
- Be in agreement with the Mission, Values and Core Beliefs of our church.
- Have a high level of self-awareness and commitment to continual, relational growth.
- Demonstrate Christ-centered living (1 Peter 1:15-16, 1 Timothy 3:1–7; Titus 1:5–9), honesty, confidence, teachability, humility (Philippians 2:5-7), patience and commitment in working with others (James 1:4).
- Minimum of two years experience at leading worship.
- Experience leading worship in church services.
- Able to lead worship from an instrument (guitar preferred). Please have video demo available for viewing.
- Experience with live sound systems required.
- Experience with Planning Center preferred.
- Undergraduate Degree in ministry or music related area preferred.
Reports to the Pastor of Worship Arts.
40 hours per week.
Sunday and Tuesday availability required.
Will be based on experience.
Please include links to audio/video samples of your worship leadership on your resume.