Job Description for
Preschool Ministry Director
The Preschool Ministry Director is a part of the Next Generations Team and is responsible for the leadership and oversight of the preschool children’s ministry. The director must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a passion for the spiritual
development of children through the coordination of Sunday morning programs and special events. In addition, the director must have a gracious spirit and commitment to serving and helping others while leading staff and volunteer teams.
* Develop and implement the vision and strategic initiative for the preschool ministry.
* Oversee logistics of all services on Sunday to include lesson preparation, registration and check-in, classroom activities, volunteer oversite, communication with parents and families, engaging with children, Infant/Toddler Worship, Preschool Worship,
* Build relationships with preschoolers and families through ministering and providing assistance as needed
* Effectively communicate to volunteers and parents on curriculum, promoting the vision, and upcoming events.
* Recruit, equip, schedule, and empower volunteer preschool ministry team leaders through weekly meetings.
* Plan and execute special events to include but not limited to the following: Easter Egg Hunt, Vacation Bible School, Fall Kick-Off/Promotions, Trunk or Treat Outreach, Family Missions Event, Christmas Events, Family Events, Baby Dedications, etc.
* Teach classroom lessons and lead worship as needed.
* Create and maintain a safe and welcoming environment for guests, preschoolers, and their families ensuring areas are free of hazards.
* Maintain clean and organized rooms, storage areas, and work spaces in children’s areas.
* Develop and maintain volunteer training and safety procedures.
* Plan, order, purchase and stock supplies.
* Update ACS and Constant Contact with new information, sending guests welcome postcards, and making key cards, etc.
* Manages preschool ministry budget to align with annual goals.
* Directs preschool ministry assistants, childcare coordinator and interns.
* Partner with Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS) to engage in evangelistic outreach.
- Excellent communication skills with adults and children
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong work ethic and desire to lead spiritual transformation
- Self-starter with a positive, team-player attitude
Bachelor’s Degree. Previous experience with preschoolers is preferred
The Preschool Ministry Director reports to the Associate Pastor of Next Generations.