Faith on Hill exists to introduce people to Jesus Christ, provide a climate for spiritual growth, and nurture believers to more like Christ.
Established in Milwaukie, Oregon, during the early 1900’s in the Wesleyan-Armenian tradition, Faith is a church of 100-175 with a warm heart for families and a desire to reach their community more effectively with the love of Jesus. It has been in its current location on Hill since 1971. Faith has a long tradition of serving the local community believing that this is the best way to serve as the earthly hands and feet of their heavenly Father. This heart for the community is a living-out of their three purposes:
- Introducing God,
- Growing in His Spirit, and
- Living like Jesus.
The casual, family-feel of the gatherings at Faith make it easy to join them and become “one of the family”.
The Lead Pastor at Faith on Hill will step seamlessly into the Faith Community by valuing family and connection. He will be an inspiring vision-caster, challenging the community to grow deeper and reach further in their faith and service.
Overview of the Position:
- The Lead Pastor will teach, care, and lead God’s people at Faith on Hill Church.
- The Lead Pastor will faithfully and joyfully minister in accordance to Faith on Hill’s policies, vision and doctrine as well as the Denomination of the Evangelical Church of North America (ECNA) in the Wesleyan-Armenian tradition.
- The Lead Pastor will oversee the ministries of the church. His primary responsibilities will be preaching/teaching and connecting people in the Faith on Hill family
- The Lead Pastor will meet the Educational Standards of the Pacific Conference or equivalent experience.
- The Lead Pastor must be aligned with the Vision & Doctrine of the ECNA. (attach link here)
- Teacher/Preacher: the Pastor will be an effective teacher who communicates the grace and truth of God’s word, both topically and expositionally.
- Leadership: the Pastor will be able to lead in a variety of contexts (individual, small groups, large groups) in such a way that Jesus Christ and His gospel are central. He should be a self-starter and an initiative-taker.
- Relational: the Pastor will have a heart to care for people, not just manage systems; that drive should manifest itself in the appropriation of time.
- Team Player: the Pastor will work together with staff, both paid and volunteer. He will communicate openly and effectively.
- Vision Caster: the Pastor will contribute to, articulate, support and implement Faith on Hill’s vision.
- Social Media: the Pastor will have the ability or desire to learn about and communicate through this medium.
Essential Ministry Responsibilities:
- He will be part of a Leadership team with the current Lead Pastor (partnering with him through the transition) to instruct and build up the body of Christ, equipping them to be fully devoted followers of Christ.
- He will be responsible for long term sermon planning and Sunday service design, including coordination of message and Worship team music.
- He will schedule speakers to fill the pulpit when needed.
- He will pursue personal growth through conferences & continuing education.
- He will oversee Sunday Services. This includes follow up on new comers and new believers, particularly, helping them to take the “next step” such as small group, ministry, coaching, etc.
- He will coordinate with the leader of small group ministry and work with existing Christian Education leaders (Adult, Youth, Christian Life Club, Nursery, and Worship/Music) to grow our groups spiritually and numerically.
Other Staff responsibility
- Provide pastoral care such as weddings, funerals, visitation, and pastor counselling.
- Lead Staff Meetings including weekly prayer, calendar coordination (both church and community use of building), and Church Leadership meetings.
- Be willing to transition some roles and responsibilities to or from other staff members as time, need and gifts allow.
- Advise and direct the Trustees with regard to church maintenance, specifically, renovations, repairs, & projects.
- Submit Annual Report to the Pacific Conference (www.thepacificconference.com)
- Attend Pastors meetings, trainings, retreats (i.e. Midwinter Pastors’ Retreat)
- Participate in Pacific & General Conference as directed by the Discipline
The Pastor-Parish committee oversees the salaries of Faith on Hill Staff. It is Faith’s desire that staff compensation will motivate our paid staff to minister to the best of their ability and be content with their pay status. (1 Corinthians 9:10-14; 1 Timothy 5:17-18; 1 Thessalonians 5:12-13)
Annual salary will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience and education. This salary can be broken up as salary and housing allowance to fit the pastor's situation and for his optimum living and tax advantage.
The church website (www.come2faith.com) provides information about Faith On Hill and will explain our overall purpose, programs and even a bit of the culture of our church. Of specific interest would be:
1. In “About Us” you can learn about the doctrine of the church and current staff, etc. Because of the teaching nature of this position it will be essential that there is unity with the doctrine of Faith On Hill and the Evangelical Church of North America.
2. Explore our website: you’ll find events, information about Faith On Hill, and how we serve our community.
Those interested in applying for the position, should do the following:
- Review this to ensure you meet the minimum qualifications.
- Submit a COVER LETTER, RESUME, and TEACHING VIDEO to:
- Cover letter should not be more than one page.
- Please include, in the cover letter, your reasons for applying and how you heard about the position.
- Please submit only one video of a sermon you have delivered to a large group. As we are requesting a single sample, please choose the best representation of your teaching.
Note: the video is best submitted in a digital formal (i.e. Links of videos, YouTube postings, or podcasts). You can also mail a video DVD to:
Superintendent Randy Myers
The Pacific Conference
11501 SE Sunnyside Rd. Suite 200
Clackamas, OR 97015
Once your application has been received, you may be contacted for a phone or in-person interview.
Denomination: Evangelical Church of North America
Church Size: 100 to 175
Job Type: Full-Time
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Sr. PastorEast Chain Evangelical Free Church
- Granada, Minnesota
- January 20
Senior PastorFirst Baptist Dexter
- Dexter, Missouri
- January 19
Senior PastorFirst Baptist Church of Westerlo
- Westerlo, New York
- January 19
Senior PastorMemorial Baptist Church
- Tulsa, Oklahoma
- January 19
Lead PastorEvana Network
- Goshen, Indiana
- January 16