Minister to and provide ministry for students (primarily 6th-12th and some college age). Leads and trains Youth Workers and comes alongside parents of students as needed. Provides leadership by serving in the church structure when
asked by the Executive Pastor or Senior Pastor.
- Experience working with students and adult leaders who work with students.
- Must have people skills and communicate effectively.
- Must have a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Must be able to balance being culturally relevant in a conservative church culture.
- Must have proven leadership experience.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Preferable to have a seminary/master’s level degree in ministry. However, not having an advanced degree does not exclude an individual from consideration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises an Administrative Assistant and an Intern.
- Develop relationships with the students of the church and the community in order to encourage them to follow Christ and grow in their walk with Him. Lead Bible-based, Christ-centered studies and support ministries (Sunday morning, Wednesday evening, small
group study, etc.) Plan fellowships, retreats/camps, mission trips and other student outings. Provide an example and counsel for the students. Equip the students for their own ministry.
- Share a vision of student ministry and work hand-in-hand with Youth Workers. Meet regularly with Youth Workers for training, planning, coordinating and communication.
- Communicate with parents of students regularly about the scope and calendar of the student ministry. Involve parents and other interested adults in the student ministry. Walk with families during triumphs and trials, providing spiritual and practical support.
- Serve with the other staff members in hospital visitation, wedding, and funeral duties when needed. Attend weekly staff meetings. Serve as a team player on the church staff.
- Prepare and effectively manage a yearly budget for the student ministry.
- Assist Senior Pastor with preaching as needed.
This position reports to the Executive Pastor and Senior Pastor.