Church for the Nations
Position: Lead Pastor
Church Website: http://churchforthenations.org
Lead Team size: 10
Annual Budget: $630,000
Church for the Nations (CFTN) is an urban non-denominational church comprised of a highly diverse community with a weekly church attendance of 150-200. We are multi-ethnic and multi-generational, from various L.A. communities surrounding the Glendale area.
Glendale is a thriving city and CFTN desires to position itself for the next level of growth in reaching our growing community.
Our mission is to build committed followers of Jesus Christ. CFTN is biblically centered, contemporary in worship, small group oriented, volunteer empowered, outward thinking, staff led, and compassionate in outreach, both locally and globally.
Our present Lead Team consists of part-time and volunteer leaders, who oversee Ministry Teams for Worship, Children, Students, Life Groups, Care, Host, Connections, Outreach, Communications, and Tech/Media.
Position Profile: CFTN is seeking a full-time Lead Pastor. The candidate of choice will first and foremost have a strong relationship with Jesus Christ and the highest view of God’s Word. The Lead Pastor shall possess the skill set to meet
the following expectations:
- Gifted to teach God’s Word in a clear, relevant and practical way.
- Able to lead and provide direction for the church, as well as a strategic plan for implementation.
- Able to disciple other leaders and build teams with a shepherd’s heart.
- Able to put in place a spiritual growth path for the church, embracing people at every stage of spiritual development.
- Able to give careful oversight to the annual budget.
- Able to manage and oversee the day-to-day activities of the church.
- Able to administrate and communicate effectively so that all ministries stay connected and move forward together.
The Lead Pastor shall be accountable to and a voting member of the governing board.
- Possesses the evident character of spiritual leadership as described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9 and 1 Peter 5:1-5.
- Completed theological education as a graduate of an accredited seminary.
- Aligns with the basic doctrines of faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed.
- Experienced with staff oversight and management.
- Has experience in the weekly preparation and delivery of teaching/preaching in worship services.
- Minimum of 3 years experience on pastoral staff of a church.
PLEASE SEND INTRODUCTION LETTER AND RESUME TO firstname.lastname@example.org