Fox River Christian Church has been around since 1985, when it was known as Pilgrim Baptist. It’s wild to think about how much has changed. Countless people across multiple communities have had an opportunity to experience God, commit their lives to following
Jesus, and take up leadership within the church. And two campuses have been added to the Fox River family, which means the Kingdom of God is on the move. The mission has never changed: to help people have their God-shaped hole filled and to follow Jesus. We
center ourselves around four values: living out both grace and truth, having a servant’s heart, expressing generosity, and being committed to growth.
The Small Groups Pastor will lead and grow small groups at Fox River, helping people connect in relationship, find freedom from their yesterdays, and take their next steps toward becoming fully devoted followers of Christ.
Key result areas and responsibilities include:
Grow small groups
- Design, develop, implement, and regularly communicate the vision, mission, and strategy for small groups.
- Provide clear direction and empower leaders and coaches to perform ministry through small groups.
- Explore best practices and develop strategies to assimilate those not yet involved in small groups.
- Oversee efforts to include and assist multiple campuses with small group efforts to insure uniformity and consistency throughout.
- Explore best practices and develop strategies for leader recruitment and retention.
- Lead efforts and build teams to recruit and train coaches and small group leaders.
- Serve as direct oversight for hub leaders and campus small group coordinators and remain in communication with them.
Manage the ministry
- Oversee the development, maintenance and continuous improvement of the infrastructure within small groups (processes, tools, materials, people, communication, measurement, etc.).
- Track and report defined statistics with efforts to monitor and manage the “health” of small group leadership base and group members.
- Oversee administrative and project management functions for small groups.
The ideal candidate may have the spiritual gifts of leadership, administration, and pastoring, with a heart for championing the well-being and success of small groups at Fox River and helping people take their next step in following Jesus. They will have
strong experience in growing small groups in a church of over 2500 with 50% in groups.
Fox River as a whole is in a real sweet spot, being only 30 minutes from Milwaukee and about an hour from Madison. Whether you’re interested in a day trip to Milwaukee’s lake front or a tour of the capital in Madison, there’s plenty to explore. And of course,
this is Wisconsin. There’ll be plenty of snow for skiing, snowboarding, ice skating, snow-shoeing, building snowmen, crafting an igloo, or anything in between. We love our seasons and we’re sure you will too.