CHILDREN’S MINISTRIES PASTOR
Are you passionate about seeing kids come to Christ and grow in knowing Him? Are you able to recruit and manage fifty-plus volunteers and empower them for ministry? Do you have vision and creativity? Then you are invited to apply for EFCC's Children's
Ministries Pastor position.
Healthy, loving, growing church of 550 average Sunday attendance in beautiful Northern California (approximately 2 hours from San Francisco, Sacramento, Lake Tahoe), is seeking a Children's Ministries Pastor. Come work with a team of volunteers to oversee
Sunday School, Children's Church, and outreach activities, such as Vacation Bible School. Send resume and current picture to email@example.com
- Knowledge of the "large group/small group" approach to Sunday School.
- Successful children's ministry at a medium-sized church. Proven ministry a must. Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in Children’s Ministry and/or commensurate experience for the various duties of the position.
- A team player with fellow staff and volunteer leaders.
- A passionate love for and understanding of children and how they learn.
- Actively nurturing a growing relationship with Christ with demonstrated marks of transformation by the Gospel.
- Agrees with EFCC’s Statement of Faith (see EFCA Denomination online), Purpose, Vision and Values.
- Proven ability to plan, organize materials and events, multi-task and work independently as needed to meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to recruit, motivate, train, mentor and equip volunteers.
- Excellent administrative, communication and teaching skills.
- Computer literacy and fluency using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Publisher.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, Master's preferred
To serve the Evangelical Free Church of Chico (EFCC) by providing overall leadership and vision for ministry to children and their families in a way that expresses the vision and values of EFCC and encourages children to begin and grow their relationships
with Jesus Christ and His people.
The Children’s Ministries Pastor will take the lead role in ensuring that clear vision is cast for the ministry, and programs are implemented to achieve its mission. In particular, the Children’s Ministries Pastor will be responsible for ministry planning,
program/curriculum selection and development, volunteer recruitment, training and communication, staff management and development, parent communication and partnership, child safety and security and special event planning. He is also responsible for partnering
with other staff members and pastoral leadership of EFCC to ensure that the vision and direction of our Children’s Ministry is aligned with that of the church as a whole. This position reports directly to Lead Pastor.
- Base salary, plus health insurance, HSA, dental, retirement contribution, FICA, and expense account.
- Conference and continuing education opportunities.
- Part-time assistant and administrative assistant support.
- Great team of pastoral colleagues and an appreciative church family.