Hours/Schedule: Regular work week with flex schedule
Deadline: Position is open until filled
Projected Start Date: December 2, 2016 or within 3 weeks after appointment
This candidate will develop and maintain comprehensive youth ministry programs and/or events for middle and high school youth as well as lead all ministry efforts with young adults at Consolidated Baptist Church. The ideal candidate will be licensed and
ordained or on track for ordination.
Candidates will possess a Bachelor or Master degree with 3-5 years of experience working with youth and/or young adults. All majors will be considered, but Biblical Studies, Divinity, Christian Education, and other related fields are preferred. Ability to
work with people of various ages, backgrounds and cultures, strong interpersonal skills and solid written communication skills; ability to meet deadlines; demonstrated ability to work as a team member; strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint,
and Excel); demonstrated experience and knowledge using social platforms for business and ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Create vision in alignment with church's overall vision
- Develop and disciple a group of student leaders
- Develop relationships and maintain regular, systematic personal contact with middle school and high school students
- Collaborate with Children’s Ministry Leader to ensure a smooth transition between Children’s Ministry and Youth Ministry
- Establish and maintain regular connections with college students and young adults through social media outlets, campus visits, and group and individual connections when they are home on breaks
- Personal and spiritual development of youth and young adult into Disciples of Jesus Christ
- Collaborate with Sunday school teachers and evaluate curriculum for youth and young adults
- Teaching, recruiting, and shepherding volunteer staff
- Create and manage a calendar that will drive all the activities of the ministry
- Develop an annual budget and manage spending
- Plan and lead annual mission trips and retreats for youth and young adults
- Connect and build relationships with staff, parents, guardians, and families
- Take part in the greater ministry of Consolidated, such as attend staff and ministers meetings, visitation, etc.
Other important attributes:
- Demonstrated experience as a leader including a collaborative leadership model
- Knowledge or strong interest in serving and teaching youth and young adults
- Creative problem solver able to work independently and within a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project manager who is able to detail projects from launch to final reporting
This position averages at least 40 hours per week for twelve months. You will have office hours that are convenient for this population. Some late afternoons, evenings and weekends will be required as well as over 40 hours on occasion. Attendance to Staff
meetings and other ministry meetings critical to your success is required. Active participation in Sunday morning, Mid-week Bible Study and other worship times to grow, foster relationships, and contribute to advancing the Kingdom of God is essential.
Ideal candidate understands this is a calling and shall wholeheartedly support of the mission, values and focus of Consolidated Baptist Church as demonstrated through consistent prayer, financial giving and regular attendance.
Please direct questions, cover letter, salary history, three references, resume, and a brief essay describing your journey in the Christian faith and why you are interested in this position:
Rev. Richard Gaines, Senior Pastor
Consolidated Baptist Church
1625 Russell Cave Road
Lexington, Kentucky 40505
(859) 299-8559 and Richard.Gaines@consolidatedbaptist.org