To serve the church by assisting in the development, coordination and administration of an effective ministry and to give spiritual care and leadership to the College Students of Friends Church
Some of the primary duties include:
- Serve alongside the College Pastor, helping to oversee all aspects of the College Ministry
- Meet with young women college students to disciple, encourage, and mentor them.
- Identify, develop and multiply student leaders for ministry
- Coordinate and lead Event Planning for all Mission Trips/Service Projects, and Group Life events.
- Shepherd and equip the college small group leaders and lead a small group yourself on Tuesday nights (Manage existing leader-student 6:1 ratio)
- Create and develop community life at college group on Tuesday nights by overseeing the New Student Connection Team and creating an atmosphere for acceptance.
- Follow-up with new college girls and help connect them into the larger college group and church family.
- Partner together with others pastors in helping young adults connect to the larger church family.
- Develop a robust church/ministry philosophy.
- Attend staff meetings, retreats, and conferences when available
Gatherings (Tuesday Night Services)
- Student Connection/Shepherding
- Volunteers/Mentors Connection
- Assist in Set-Up/Tear Down
- Assist in Pre-Service Prayer
- Coordinate Occasional After Hour Events.
- Lead Food Prep (for occasional dinner nights)
- Lead Promotion Activity on Social Media
- Occasionally Assist with Power Point Slides, Tech/Audio
- Assist Pastor in Small Group Discussion Questions Preparation/Printing
- Teach when requested
Spiritual: Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and must have a heart for ministry. Must hold to the Statement of Faith, Position Statements, Mission Statement, and Core Values and Ministry Values of Yorba Linda Friends Church. Those that serve God on the staff at Yorba Linda Friends Church are expected to set a high standard of personal conduct and lifestyle. It is required that all staff members are active attendees and active particiapants in the ministries of Yorba Linda Friends Church.
Experience, Education and Licensure: A bachelor’s degree in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
COMMITMENT: A two-year commitment to ministry within the College Ministry
Knowledge and Skills
SKILLS: Must be proficient in the Microsoft Suite of products. Excellent interpersonal, verbal/written communication skills, and mathematical skills. Must be a self-starter. Must be confidential, flexible, accurate and have good follow-up skills.
ABILITY: Ability to understand, teach and live out Biblical truths. Ability to comprehend written and oral information and to express written and oral information with clarity. Ability to identify problems, exhibit both inductive and mathematical reasoning. Ability to travel. Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays, as requested.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Yorba Linda Friends Church reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities within this job description at any time.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Dana Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth Pastor / DirectorWarren Community Fellowship
- Warren, Oregon
- January 18
Associate/Family PastorNew Life Community Church
- Irmo, South Carolina
- January 18
Student PastorChurchology Staffing
- Lake Worth , Florida
- January 17
Student PastorFirst Baptist Church Bloomfield
- Bloomfield, New Mexico
- January 12
Freedom Life Church - Pastor of Youth & Young AdultsVanderbloemen Search Group
- Hampton, Virginia
- January 9