Ministry Description: Missions/Community Outreach Director
Are you someone who loves connecting the church to the community and the world? Do you love to build into people and see lives change? Do you want to work with a team of highly motivated people to “bring the extraordinary life of Jesus Christ to a lost and broken world”?
We may have the position for you! Foundations Church partners with mission organizations to spread the Gospel message locally and around the world. We invest in leaders, give financially, and send people and resources to help fulfill the Great Commission. Through short-term mission trips and partnering with like-minded ministries we are able to expand our reach and make a greater impact for Christ. We want someone who has a heart for the local community and desires to share the love of Jesus throughout the world.
Why Foundations Church?
- Healthy staff team and growing modern church with a weekend attendance of 2500+
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Strategically located in the middle of a thriving and fast growing region
- Biblically-based, sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ with grace and truth
- A congregation of diverse generations and backgrounds
The ideal candidate will have significant experience in a ministry leadership capacity. A Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical Studies or related field is preferred. If you are up for the challenge, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Missions/Community Outreach Director must be a Christ-centered team player that is capable of leading and directing missions and outreach opportunities in a large and growing, fast paced church in Northern Colorado. This person must possess strong interpersonal, organizational, and motivational skills. They should be a self-starter, emotionally intelligent, and humble. They must be equipped with a working knowledge of event planning, program management, and communication. They must be efficient in transforming big ideas into a realistic ministry.
Description of duties
- Coordinate evangelistic outreach efforts for congregation.
- Must be able to build, maintain and lead teams
- Develop and build relationships with local organizations in order to understand community dynamics and how the church can meet their needs.
- Leads the team that provides financial assistance to individuals in need in Northern Colorado.
- Leads the team that distributes the funds to like-minded non-profits locally, nationally and globally.
- Attend and provide input at regular meetings for Staff and Elder Leadership Team.
- Create opportunities for reaching new people in the community with the gospel.
- Plan and implement a calendar for multiple local and global mission opportunities and events.
- Maintain all communications for missions and outreach including (but not limited to) church newsletter, church program, website, social media, and local publications.
- Coordinate with event team leaders and current partnerships to provide leadership and direction to volunteers on ministry teams.
- Attend Ambassador Class meetings and provide written and oral explanation of missions and outreach opportunities.
- Prepare necessary reports as needed regarding state of the Missions and Outreach.
- Create and review local and global partnership agreements annually.
Training and resources
- Attend workshops, conferences, or formal education to increase knowledge and awareness as it pertains to Missions and Outreach.
- Attend workshops, conferences or other continuing education in order build highly effective volunteers.
Qualifications, skills, and gifts
- A personal vibrant and growing commitment to Jesus
- Models Christ-like servant leadership
- Must be caring, yet discerning
- Concise and effective communication skills
- Diplomatic, productive, and positive people skills
- Commitment to identifying, encouraging, and developing volunteers in ministry
- Ability to motivate and empower people (staff and volunteers)
- Ability to handle conflict constructively and graciously
- Sensitivity for meeting the needs of the congregation
- Demonstrates a heart in building community and reaching the lost
- Demonstrates a firm grasp of Missiology in both understanding and application
- Keen awareness of Mission and Outreach trends, issues and resources
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Outreach and Connection PastorWindy City Community Church
- Chicago, Illinois
- December 2
"Gang Church" Lead PastorInFaith
- Fresno, California
- December 1
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1
Associate MinisterAlliance for Transatlantic Theological Training
- 2 Blackburne Place, Not Assigned
- November 30
Pastor of Outreach and AssimilationHobart Assembly of God
- Hobart, Indiana
- November 29