Local Outreach Director
Do you have a passion for cross-cultural ministry and the willingness to “go the extra mile” in helping a refugee acclimate to life in the US? Do you enjoy building relationships that lead to Gospel-centered conversations? Are you skilled in motivating and managing volunteers to serve “the least of these”?
Fellowship Dallas is looking for an energetic and passionate leader to oversee all of our local outreach initiatives. Additional responsibilities include mobilizing and discipling volunteers and collaborating with local non-profit organizations.
Great Opportunity… -
Our Ideal Candidate…
- Loves Jesus. Loves the church. Loves others.
- 2+ years of cross-cultural ministry experience
- Bachelor’s Degree.
If that sounds like you, please send your resume and cover letter to Apply@FellowshipDallas.org.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (75%)
Melting Pot Community Center (10%)
• Meet weekly, at a minimum, with the MP Program Coordinator, in order to assess, evaluate, and make recommendations regarding the effectiveness of the programs as outlined in our goals and objectives.
• Maintain a regular presence at The Melting Pot and in the community for the express purpose of meeting and connecting with refugee families who are interested in learning more about the Gospel.
• Visit homes of newly arrived and established refugees who are part of our MP programming.
• Build and maintain a relationship with Fath Properties apartment manager.
• Establish and lead a Melting Pot Ministry Support Team comprised of core volunteer leaders.
• Be aware of and report maintenance issues at the MP to Outreach Pastor.
Refugee Connect Initiative (50%)
• Work with Outreach Pastor to develop a strategy for connecting our congregation with newly arrived refugee families, for the purpose of developing relationships that lead to sharing the Gospel.
• Coordinate and execute bi-annual Welcome Basket congregational collection campaign
• Organize and maintain Outreach storage area related to collection campaign
• Establish relationships with local resettlement agencies.
Conrad High School (10%)
• Provide oversight to our partnership with Young Life
• Provide support and oversight of Conrad’s annual Baccalaureate program (Spring)
Transform Dallas (5%)
• Attend all Transform Dallas Core Team Meetings
• Work with Outreach Pastor to identify, organize, and execute local outreach projects
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES (25%)
Volunteer Mobilization and Discipleship
• Build and maintain relationships with Fellowship members by utilizing The City, email, social media, and by providing venues for prayer, fellowship, and relationship building among the volunteers.
• Mobilize Fellowship members to serve through having a presence at the Service Table in The Hub on Sunday after each service, through regular email, City, and social media communications, and through periodic ministry interest meetings.
• Attend annual Refugee Highway Partnership Roundtable Conference
• Attend local key organizational meetings such as Dallas Movement Day, Unite Vickery, Vickery Meadow Improvement District, Vickery Meadow Youth Foundation, etc.
• Partner with local faith-based and non-profit organizations as part of Transform Dallas
• Complete 40 hours of Orality Training at e3 Partners
• Read and understand the wholistic community transformation model as presented in When Helping Hurts
• Other professional development as deemed necessary by Outreach Pastor
• Attend weekly staff prayer
• Attend monthly all- staff meetings
• Provide quarterly metrics from all outreach initiatives to Outreach Pastor
• Complete Connecting Pathway process and become a Covenant Member at Fellowship Bible Church Dallas
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Campus PastorChurchology Staffing
- Fargo , North Dakota
- December 6
"Gang Church" Lead PastorInFaith
- Fresno, California
- December 1
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1
PastorThe Shepherd's Staff
- Anywhere, Texas
- November 29
Serve Director/PastorBeach Church
- Jacksonville Beach, Florida
- November 22