The Health Center Coordinator is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating the volunteer staff and resources of the Health Center for the efficient, well-prepared, and profitable service of health products, supplements, and beverages.
This individual works actively to ensure the restaurant meets financial and operating goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for the profitability and incremental increases in revenue generated by the Health Center
- Responsible for executing marketing initiatives to maintain awareness and attract customers to Health Center
- Responsible to maintain a healthy, competitive, and innovative menu of products that attract and expand customer base
- Responsible for recruiting and retaining volunteers who value guest service and are committed to high standards of performance as well as maintain a team-oriented environment.
- Participate in the training of Health Center volunteers.
- Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable local, city, and state taxes.
- Responsible for physical/aesthetic maintenance of the Health Center.
- Demonstrate high ethical standards at all times.
- Open, close, and secure the Health Center.
- Adhere to the ministry’s standards of confidentiality.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Familiar with organic labeling, GMO dangers and standards of labeling, and organic certification.
- Three years prior experience in restaurant/retail management.
- Valid driver’s license as well as personal vehicle.
- English language proficiency—oral and written form.
COMPETENCIES—KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be passionate about health, nutrition, and fitness and the vision of ALFC for optimal health.
- Knowledge of labor laws, health codes, safe food handling and sanitation, safety and security systems and procedures, computer operation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as good people management, communication, and listening skills.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Highly motivated, positive attitude and detail oriented.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- This type of work involves walking or standing most of the time but also involves sitting for extended periods.
- Person performing service in this position will exert 10 to 50 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Abundant Living Family Church provides all licensing and training required to ensure employee safety.
- This type of work involves working with certain sanitary chemicals to ensure compliance with the state health and safety codes.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
The duties listed herein are subject to change as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment
to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee.
Interested applicants must submit an application, resume, and two letters of recommendations to Aaron Levy by no later than October 21, 2016, via email or in the Administration Office of Abundant Living Family Church.