The purpose of the Family Pastor is to lead and oversee an effective and comprehensive ministry that disciples, equips and supports the marriages and families of the church and community, in accordance with the overall vision and philosophy of ministry for
Crossroads Bible Church.
- Oversee relational, engaging discipleship ministries to children and youth:
- Lead the Children Ministries staff team.
- Manage/coach the Student Ministries Director.
- Lead ministry initiatives that prepare, equip and enrich couples in marriage; build a team of marriage mentors and volunteers to help shepherd engaged and married couples; create relevant events and initiatives on practical issues of life that will enhance
the spiritual and relational growth in marriage.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of an effective parent ministry.
- Provide biblical counsel to individual students, families, and volunteer staff as needed.
- Prepare and manage respective ministry budget.
- Additional pastoral duties—share in preaching, teaching, and administration of sacraments as directed.
- Directly accountable to the Executive Director
- Oversees Children’s Ministry team, Student Ministry Director and marriage ministry volunteers
- Interacts closely with other pastors, directors and elders
- Demonstrates the qualifications of an elder as outlined in 1st Timothy 3 and Titus 1
- Engaging interpersonal skills; able to recruit, train and organize teams, volunteers, leaders and staff
- Detail-oriented; can administer and build on complex systems
- Self-motivated, not needing micromanagement
- Works well with a team; demonstrates effective leadership through teams and effective at delegation
- Able to effectively articulate messages and communicate with a variety of people and audience sizes
- Able to problem solve and resolve conflict
- Demonstrate a commitment to goals, strategies, and doctrinal statements of Crossroads Bible Church
Education and Experience
- Experience in leadership and faith development
- Proven track record of organizational skills in developing and carrying out objectives to completion
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university, and evangelical theological education
- 5 years of relevant church or para-church experience